3rd Line Support Engineer
|Job Title:||3rd Line Support Engineer|
|Reference:||JH - 3rd Line Supp_1665139771|
|Contact Name:||Jeremiah Hayman|
|Job Published:||07 October 2022|
3rd Line Support Engineer - Oxfordshire - £40,000
Role: 3rd Line Support Engineer
Field: IT/IT Support/IT Management/IT Infrastructure/Network Security
Reporting to: IT Director
Working hours: Monday - Thursday (09:00 - 17:30), Friday (09:00 - 16:30)
Location of Work: Milton Park/Oxfordshire is the main site but may need to travel to meet client needs
Benefits: 28 days inclusive of bank holidays , birthdays and Christmas shopping day off, bonus reviews , free on-site parking, holiday allowance + bank holidays, pension, free bus pass from Didcot to the offices, Bike to work scheme and more!
This is an exciting opportunity for a 3rd Line Support Engineer to join a leading IT Consultancy with scope to learn and develop further. The client will also consider 2nd Line Support Engineers who are willing to take the next step in their career.
You will provide with expert support from 1st , 2nd and 3rd line queries and support local as well as national clients.
- Server administration and solving user problems /answering queries /basic user instruction
- New user & application setups as well as day-to-day user / systems support (printer installs, etc.)
- Providing applications & patches
- Workstation troubleshooting
- Training & answering queries (re: MS Office based apps.)
- In-house server /network troubleshooting
- Escalation of client requests (systems development & sales) to consultants/account managers
- Occasional on-site support / delivery of goods & services to clients, site auditing & fact-finding visits
- To ensure that the company's network is managed and maintained
- To collaborate with clients and suppliers to resolve issues and project manage all projects
- To contribute to the improvement of processes and be a key member of the team in bringing new technology to the company and our customers through research and deployment
- Troubleshoot issues efficiently while effectively communicating to all parties
- Provide 1st line/2nd /3rd line support to staff and customers
- IT Is essential that someone is flexible as some occasional national travel might be needed
- Driving licence required - company vehicle for site visits
- Technical skills and experience across; MS Windows, MS Office, Citrix, VPN, Firewall, Anti-virus software, Adobe, Email, PC, Printer, LAN, Networking/WIFI, Active Directory, Mobile Devices, Microsoft Operating Systems (server, desktop and Azzure or other cloud services ), CISCO, subnetting and routing, IP, Ethernet, Switching
- Domain management, VOIP systems, Virtual Server environments (VMWare / Hyper-V ), exchange server, spam filters, web filtering solutions , network design, network security management, build, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Strong ITIL, analytic and good communication skills
- Strong Understanding of 1st - 2nd and 3rd Line Support, service with client facing experience
- Strong general knowledge of IT infrastructure, network and applications based on Microsoft platforms
- Proven experience of logging work time in a ticketing system
- Project management of IT with a desire to take ownership of all projects advantageous
- Some Networking experience desirable. Knowledge of multiple network technologies (subnetting and routing, IP, Ethernet, Switching
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, please send across an updated CV or call Jeremiah Hayman.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.