Assistant Planner - Engineering
|Job Title:||Assistant Planner - Engineering|
|Contact Name:||Geri Wiltshire|
|Job Published:||05 June 2022|
Vibe Recruit are recruiting for an Assistant Planner for a high-tech engineering company to be based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. This is a permanent full-time role working 37 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary, and benefits package.
The role of the Assistant Planner is very varied but will involve supporting the production manager by scheduling and planning the work for a team of multi-disciplined engineers. To ensure customers jobs are delivered within agreed time-frames.
- To screen and report about completed stock levels against concurred targets.
- To help recognise, report, and execute arranging and booking process upgrades.
- To support the production manager to ensure efficiency's are maximised and overtime is planned.
- To identify and implement planning and scheduling process improvements.
- Monitor stock availability.
- To work closely with the material handlers.
- To become a proficient user of their ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system and to enter sales orders onto the system in an accurate and timely manner.
- To attend daily production meetings.
- Understand factory safety standards and follow safety protocol.
Who are we looking for?
- Proven record of success in planning with a strong understanding and exposure to engineering, distribution, and supply chain.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Must have effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to communicate professionally at all levels
- Professional attitude and approach to work
- Strong ability in using Microsoft Excel as well as a good knowledge of an ERP system (Enterprise Resource Planning)
- Good analytic skills and critical thinking
- Must be able to proactively participate in problem solving and generating ideas for system and process improvements.
What is the offer?
On offer is a competitive salary, and benefits package, which includes.
- Flexible working
- Private Health-care
- Generous pension scheme
- Life Assurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave and bank holidays
For further information and a job description please contact Geri at Vibe Recruit
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Sorry, this job has expired
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C