Bilingual Transport Planner
|Job Title:||Bilingual Transport Planner|
|Industry:||Transport, Logistics and Driving|
|Contact Name:||Michaela Bennett|
|Job Published:||06 May 2021|
Bilingual and looking for your next great opportunity within the transport industry?
My client based in Newport and seeking a Transport Planner to join their fun and friendly team.
After experiencing an extended period of growth as a result of continued business success and growth through acquisition, this vacancy has arisen and will be a fantastic career move for any transport planner who can speak/understand an additional European language, ideally French/German.
Knowledge and understanding of import/export documentation is a must.
The role will focus on the below:
- Manage the day-to-day planning and running of the fleet.
- Understanding and comply with the customers' requirements and maintaining a very high service level.
- Ensure all movements are completed to the customer's satisfaction
- Minimising journey cost and overall delivery costs
- Dealing with all hauliers in respect of allocating work for delivery and collection
- Identify potential subcontractors
- Utilising computerised system to input jobs for company's customers and dispatching to drivers/hauliers.
- Understanding driver compliance and tachograph legislation and working within the parameters to ensure the safe working of our hauliers.
- Liaising with the workshop manager with reference to breakdowns and vehicle maintenance schedules.
- Managing and checking haulier documents and licences to ensure they meet the company's policies.
- Updating and maintaining online portals along with assisting the hauliers with driver's apps in order to meet customer requirements.
- Strong understanding of logistics processes in particular shipping/freight forwarding industry
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Competent in Microsoft Office (excel, word, outlook)
- Excellent communication & analytical skills
- Good geographical knowledge of UK & Europe
- Second language is essential, ideally French/German.
- Understanding of exports and imports
If you feel you have the right skills/experience then please do get in touch.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Sorry, this job has expired
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C