Bilingual Transport Planner
|Job Title:||Bilingual Transport Planner|
|Industry:||Transport, Logistics and Driving|
|Contact Name:||Michaela Bennett|
|Job Published:||18 February 2021|
Bilingual and looking for your next great opportunity within the transport industry?
My client based in Newport and seeking a Transport Planner to join their fun and friendly team.
After experiencing an extended period of growth as a result of continued business success and growth through acquisition, this vacancy has arisen and will be a fantastic career move for any transport planner who can speak/understand an additional European language, ideally French/German.
Knowledge and understanding of import/export documentation is a must.
The role will focus on the below:
- Manage the day-to-day planning and running of the fleet.
- Understanding and comply with the customers' requirements and maintaining a very high service level.
- Ensure all movements are completed to the customer's satisfaction
- Minimising journey cost and overall delivery costs
- Dealing with all hauliers in respect of allocating work for delivery and collection
- Identify potential subcontractors
- Utilising computerised system to input jobs for company's customers and dispatching to drivers/hauliers.
- Understanding driver compliance and tachograph legislation and working within the parameters to ensure the safe working of our hauliers.
- Liaising with the workshop manager with reference to breakdowns and vehicle maintenance schedules.
- Managing and checking haulier documents and licences to ensure they meet the company's policies.
- Updating and maintaining online portals along with assisting the hauliers with driver's apps in order to meet customer requirements.
- Strong understanding of logistics processes in particular shipping/freight forwarding industry
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Competent in Microsoft Office (excel, word, outlook)
- Excellent communication & analytical skills
- Good geographical knowledge of UK & Europe
- Second language is essential, ideally French/German.
- Understanding of exports and imports
If you feel you have the right skills/experience then please do get in touch.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.