Buyer / Purchaser
|Job Title:||Buyer / Purchaser|
|Industry:||Construction and Engineering|
|Contact Name:||Alex Milton|
|Job Published:||21 May 2021|
Buyer / Purchaser
£23,000 + pension & early Friday finish
Do you have experience of buying / purchasing in a manufacturing or engineering environment? Does the thought of working for a cutting edge company with a reputation for excellence appeal to you? Would you like to be involved in a number of high profile projects with major clients globally?
If so, please read on.
We are recruiting for a Buyer / Purchaser to join a forward thinking, innovative engineering company in Pontypool. Joining a small team, you will have the chance to be a major part of a number of major projects as the company continues to build on it's success. As well as being responsible for many key aspects of the purchasing function and its administration, you will:
Have regular interaction with both internal and external customers.
- Liaise directly with suppliers both internally and externally
- Assist in the enquiring and sourcing of appropriate materials, collate and analyse quotations
- Set up and maintain stock and supplier records
- Prepare and raise purchase orders
- Monitor and maintain the integrity of Consignment Stock issues and receipts
- Expedite Purchase Orders to ensure continuity of supply to production
- Give due consideration to special terms when placing purchase orders with regards to tiered pricing, discounts etc
- Manipulate MRP (Material Requirements Planning) on a daily basis, define shortages and raise purchase orders as necessary
- Raise and investigate Stock Audits, log and cost any anomalies
The ability to communicate effectively with team members at all levels including senior management is essential for this role and you will need to be able to connect with many different types of people and adjust your approach accordingly.
Full training will be given but experience in a purchasing/engineering & manufacturing environment will be beneficial.
As well as a competitive starting salary, you will benefit from excellent ongoing development in the role and will have the chance to work on a number of exciting engineering projects for an industry leader.
For immediate consideration, please forward your CV to Alex at Vibe Recruit today.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Sorry, this job has expired
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C