|Job Title:||Commercial Manager|
|Location:||Long Eaton, Derbyshire|
|Industry:||Industrial (Warehouse & Manufacturing)|
|Contact Name:||Carla White|
|Job Published:||28 November 2019|
DE1 Surrounding area
£50,000 pa (Circa)
Our rapidly expanding client, is looking for a motivated and experienced Commercial Manager to revamp internal sales and customer service administration processes.
The ideal candidate should be excited about the opportunity to identify, review and improve business processes making use of Information Technology.
The candidate should have several years of experience in sales and/or customer service roles, with the ability to nature relationships with staff and customers
This role involves developing a cross-functional team with a variety of skills and experience with the support of the Customer Service Manager, as well as collaborating with other departments.
The successful applicant will have great communication, teamwork, leadership and analytical skills.
Serve as a company leader, overseeing internal sales and customer service operations
Optimising the use of IT and business processes in order to increase the capacity of the department.
Reduce response times to deliver the best customer experience in our industry.
- Strategically lead and develop culture and processes to achieve business goals
- Understand the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met
- Review and update company rules and business processes, to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Assess risks involved with new initiatives, ensuring deadlines are met and being ready to handle unexpected situations
- Resolve issues with contracts and commercial operations to minimise time to clean orders
- Collaborate with and coordinate customer-facing teams (marketing, sales, customer service, design office, despatch, finance)
- Monitor performance of internal sales and customer service activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development & monitoring
- Analyse sales and other reports that give insight into how to improve performance
- Assist the department director as needed with all projects and duties
- Participate in strategic planning with the department director
- Offer assistance to other managerial staff within the company
- Inspire and foster a high-performing sales culture
- Proven experience as commercial manager or other relevant role managing operational customer service teams
- Strong strategic and customer focus with a clear understanding of the wider issues impacting the relevant markets
- Proven experience in reviewing and improving business processes
- In-depth understanding of information technology tools and solutions
- Proficiency with Microsoft software (Business Central/Navision, CRM, Office 365)
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Strong coaching skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Detail oriented
- Ability to process the big-picture items
- BSc/BA in business administration, finance or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.