|Job Title:||Data Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Jeremiah Hayman|
|Job Published:||13 July 2022|
Data Engineer - Remote Working - £45,000 - £55,000
Role: Data Engineer
Field: Marine Technology/Radar Technology/Surveillance/Data Intelligence/Big Data, Data Warehousing/Data Scientist/Data Analyst
Reporting to: Data Scientist
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
Working arrangement: Remote working but will need to do a monthly travel to either Cardiff or close to Bath.
Benefits include: Starting Holiday Allowance of 25 days, plus bank holidays, Christmas period off, Pension Scheme up to 10%, Life Assurance, Healthcare, Income Protection
A leading radar and navigation specialist are looking to recruit an experienced Data Engineer.
The Data Engineer will help to implement operations and engineering practices that deliver, scalable, stable and secure data processing platforms.
- Work closely with different teams and departments such as the Data Scientist and other technical teams including; Systems Architects and Development teams
- Provide continuous reviews and analysis to improve all aspects of R&D and analytics engine environments
- Manage the data infrastructure within an AWS environment
- Ensure data is processed and stored correctly, as well as being available for analysis in the appropriate formats and at the right time
- Implement and manage the pipelines and analytical systems within the analytics engine
- Take ownership of the data manipulation processes within the key systems to ensure that the data is of the highest quality
- Recommend new technologies that move the product forward from a data architecture perspective and support the Data Scientist in the analytics functionality
- Bachelor's Degree in mathematics, Scientific, Computing or Engineering or similar discipline
- Proven background within in the data domain
- Knowledge of data architecture including data modelling and schema design
- Experience of data processing and the associated technologies used to build high quality, scalable and resilient data or ML pipelines
- Working evidence of developing big data systems: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Flink, etc
- Programming skills such as python, java, shell scripting etc
- Ability to do analyses using SQL and data visualisation tools, such as Tableau, Power BI
- Experience with AWS is desirable
- Previous experience at building analytical processes for production systems
- Data-oriented personality
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an industry leading radar and navigation specialist and the opportunity to work alongside leading experts. To apply please send across your updated CV or call Jerry Hayman.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.