Driving Recruitment Consultant
|Job Title:||Driving Recruitment Consultant|
|Industry:||Permanent and Executive Recruitment|
|Contact Name:||Paul Southard|
|Job Published:||26 August 2020|
Driving Recruitment Consultant
Due to a period of growth within the driving and logistics during Covid19, Vibe have an opportunity for a recruitment consultant to join the Driving division. This is an exciting opportunity to join a driving team that has a stable and regular client and candidate base. The successful candidate would join alongside an established consultant with excellent knowledge of the sector and industry.
As a recruitment consultant you will be responsible for attracting candidates and matching them to temporary positions with clients.
You will work closely with clients, building relationships to gain a better understanding of their recruitment needs and requirements.
Recruitment consultants attract candidates by drafting advertising copy for use in a wide range of media, as well as by networking, headhunting and through referrals. They screen candidates, register, and interview them, do background checks and finally match them to their clients. Consultants also provide advice to both clients and candidates on salary levels, training requirements and career opportunities
Typical work activities
Recruitment consultants provide a vital link between clients and candidates. The role is demanding and diverse and involves:
- Using sales, business development, marketing techniques and networking to attract business from potential clients
- Visiting clients to build and develop relationships
- Developing a good understanding of potential clients, their industry, what they do and their work culture and environment
- Advertising vacancies by drafting and placing advertisements in a wide range of media, for example newspapers, Job boards, and magazines
- Using social media to advertise positions, attract candidates and build relationships with candidates and employers
- Headhunting - identifying and approaching suitable candidates who may already be in work
- Using in-house candidate databases to match the right person to the client's vacancy
- Receiving and reviewing applications, managing interviews and tests, and creating a shortlist of candidates for the client
- Requesting references and checking the suitability of applicants before putting forward to the client
- Checking relevant qualifications and certifications as required for job role
- Managing advance and ad-hoc bookings
- Briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary, and benefits of the job in question
- Preparing CVs and correspondence to forward to clients in respect of suitable applicants
- Organising registrations and interviews for candidates as requested
- Negotiating pay and charge rates and finalising arrangements between client and candidates
- Offering advice to both clients and candidates on pay rates, training, compliance and legislation
- Working towards and exceeding both sales and operational targets that may relate to the number of candidates placed, a value to be billed to clients or business leads generated
- Reviewing recruitment policies to ensure effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programmes
- Maintaining a high level of industry and sector knowledge both in compliance, legislation, and competitor analysis
- Providing a 24/7 day a week service to clients and candidates
At Vibe we believe it is not all about the target's, numbers and KPI's, it's more about engaging with our candidates and clients offering quality commitment and longevity whilst developing a long-term relationship.
Driving and logistics experience is desirable for the role, preferably within a recruitment environment. In return we offer a basic salary of between £19,000 - £23,000 per annum, competitive quarterly bonus scheme, company pension, laptop, and mobile phone.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.