Engine MRO Operations Manager
|Job Title:||Engine MRO Operations Manager|
|Contact Name:||Naomi Gibbs|
|Job Published:||27 January 2022|
Vibe Recruit's client is looking to appoint an experienced Operations Manager to work on a full time, permanent contract.
The Operations Manager maintains delegated approval from the Director of Operations for the day-to-day oversight and management of personnel, equipment, tooling, and infrastructure related to the disassembly and maintenance activities and engine movements. The role involves ensuring compliance with Quality and Health and Safety Policy by the undertaking of Risk Assessments and method statements. The role will require you to liaise with the wider Operations team to ensure the smooth transition of material from the workshop to the warehouse and direct to customer.
The role could involve travel and liaison with external customers and as a result the Engine MRO Operations Manager must be able to conduct themselves in a professional manner and have excellent communication skills to maintain key relationships. A valid passport and driving licence are essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing facilities appropriate to the planned work, including workshop and storage, plus the office accommodation to manage the work.
- Providing sufficient competent personnel to plan, perform, supervise, inspect, and certify the work being performed.
- Providing tools, equipment and material to perform the planned tasks.
- Providing necessary support to ensure engine shop operates in line with CAA/EASA and FAA 145 standards.
- Notifying the Director of Operations whenever deficiencies emerge which require his attention in respect of finance and the acceptability of standards.
- Ensuring that maintenance procedures are established and adhered to within the organisation.
- Providing day to day management support associated with the maintenance activities.
- Ensuring compliance with industry best practises and regulatory requirements, plus customer and supplier contracts.
- Continued assessment, development and training of staff.
- Ensuring the control and secure storage of maintenance records.
- Monitoring the facilities and environment, ensuring continued suitability for the work being accomplished.
- Suggest improvements to the Quality Management System (QMS) and Health & Safety policy
- Displays a positive attitude to change and encourage this attitude within the team.
- Full engagement in the Production System actively engaging the workshop team for participation and engagement.
- Any other duties as directed by Director of Operations applicable to skills and experience the role holder
- Engine MRO leadership experience including Quick Turn activity.
- Experience of working in a PART / FAR 145 maintenance environment
- A recognised Mechanical / Aeronautical Apprenticeship
- Degree / BSc Engineering or relevant Managerial Experience in an aviation environment.
- CFM56 & V2500 product line knowledge / experience
- Strong planning / organisational skills
- Experience of Quantum
- IT skills including Microsoft office proficient
- Good communication skills and attention to detail.
For more information on this vacancy, please contact Naomi on 07506 949615.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Sorry, this job has expired
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C