|Job Title:||Engineering Manager|
|Contact Name:||Alex Milton|
|Job Published:||27 May 2021|
Up to £45,000 + pension, life assurance & sick pay entitlement
Are you an experienced Engineering Manager / Supervisor on the lookout for a highly varied engineering position with a global firm that spans over 20 countries? Do you want to work for a firm that is widely regarded as the best in it's field? Does the thought of working for a manufacturer that services a wide range of different industries and the security that comes with it appeal to you?
If so, read on.
We are recruiting for an Engineering Manager for an employer of choice in Newport. Being a vital link in the supply chain of many industries, the company in question employs over 5000 people and you will play a pivitol role in it's success. The company in question strives to offer a working environment where hard work and new ideas are rewarded and valued.
- To oversee the day to day running off the Engineering Department.
- To be able to prioritise and schedule workloads accordingly to support production / customer requirements.
- To coordinate with the General manager in identifying training needs and organising the relevant training.
- Setting and maintaining departmental objectives / KPI'S
- Working closely with customers and sales team from enquiry stage through to production, to delivery of components.
- Develop and expertise in robotic programming
- Identify & implement productivity cost savings using a LEAN approach.
- Ensure that all process documentation is clear accurate and up to date
- Work with the sales team to produce costings for customer applications.
- Aid the quality representative in managing NC/CAR'S to ensure robust actions are in place for application issues.
Qualifications, experience and skills needed:
- Mechanical Engineering (or related discipline) to Degree level.
- Management and practical experience in an engineering or materials based industry and the capability to rapidly gain the requisite industry knowledge.
- Experience in Lean productivity improvements will be a key aspect of the role.
- The ability to interpret complex data, technical drawings and customer specifications.
As well as a competitive salary and excellent additional employee benefits, one of the main positives about this particular role is it's variation. You will have the chance to work on a number of bespoke projects for different industries and will have the opportunity to learn a number of new processes and manufacturing methods.
For immediate consideration, please forward your CV to Alex at Vibe Recruit today.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Sorry, this job has expired
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C