|Job Title:||Engineering Manager|
|Contact Name:||Naomi Gibbs|
|Job Published:||05 April 2022|
Vibe Recruit's client based in Rhymney is looking to appoint an experienced Engineering Manager on a full time, permanent contract. Reporting to the Operations Manager, and leading a team of 15, the Engineering Manager will be responsible for all aspects of engineering and maintenance on site including buildings, services and manufacturing assets.
To deliver a highly efficient Engineering service for the designated areas of the business. You will have a proven Engineering Management background, gained in a high volume, fast paced, 24/7 manufacturing environment. Able to demonstrate engineering improvement through the use of best practice and continuous improvement tools, and the ability to develop, coach and motivate a team.
- Deliver innovative cost-effective solutions to all engineering problems and meet all engineering targets
- Develop Engineering plan to ensure that root/cause analysis and continuous improvements are carried out across the site
- Work closely with the Production Management Team to drive tactical and strategic actions to achieve optimum availability of production capabilities
- Manage all aspects of the engineering needs of the business
- Managing the engineering budget and preventative maintenance plan
- Responsible for ensuring that the Engineering team is fully utilised and developed whilst balancing the need for contractors
- Responsible for driving change across Engineering
- Ensure compliance with all quality, environmental and H&S standards
- Assist in the scoping out and preparation of capital investment proposals that assist in the achievement of the operational strategic objectives
- Ensure that all site projects are fully scoped out and implemented against timescales and budgets
- Management experience in a 24 hour engineering environment
- Experience within manufacturing is desirable
- Experience of working within a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Experience of H&S issues within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of undertaking P.U.W.E.R Assessments, H&S Risk Assessments, writing Safe Working Procedures, Issuing Work Permits
- Knowledge and experience of hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC and Inverter controls
- Experience of delivering training to personnel (by presentation, 1-1, on-the-job)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Experience of disciplinary/grievance process
- The ability to handle multiple priorities to ensure deadlines/objectives are met
- The ability to form excellent working relationships at all levels and respect confidentiality
- Be in a position to work 'on-call' hours in line with business requirements
- Strong stakeholder management
- Team working
A fantastic opportunity with a competitive salary and great employee benefits!
For more information, please contact Naomi on 07506 949615.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.