|Job Title:||Engineering Manager|
|Reference:||JH - Engineering Man_1661413537|
|Contact Name:||Jeremiah Hayman|
|Job Published:||25 August 2022|
Engineering Manager - £65,000 - £70,000 - South Oxfordshire
Role: Engineering Manager
Field: Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Engineering Management NPI/NPD
Salary: £65,000 - £70,000
Benefits Include: Starting Holiday Allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays, competitive pension scheme, life assurance, private healthcare, employee assistant schemes such as childcare vouchers and more!
Are you a successful Engineering Manager that is looking for a new challenge within a world class establishment, and to develop your career further?
Established over 30 years ago by some of the most talented inventors of the time, this impressive manufacturer of state-of-the-art equipment continues to revolutionise its products and remain ahead of it's time.
This fantastic and unique opportunity brings the opportunity to work alongside leading Engineers, Physicists, Scientists, Researchers, and other pioneers within the Engineering sector.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for the development, introduction and manufacturing of equipment supplied to multiple sectors, with complex technological landscapes, which can be both challenging but extremely rewarding.
- Carry out engineering/manufacturing management, project management and be responsible for a highly and multi-skilled team of engineers, and technicians
- Reviewing and managing Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA) and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA),processes and analysis in order to improve cost, time and quality on NPI and existing products
- Work closely with various departments and operations such as: R&D & Design, NPI/NPD Manufacturing & Assembly teams, Mechanical & Electrical engineering departments etc
- Ensure that all product and systems requirements are considered as well as ensuring that BOM's are amended and updated
- Work directly with customers and end users, gathering requirements and ensuring products meet the need of external stakeholders, and in turn develop further and repeat business
- Maximise production processes as well as capacity utilisation to fit within time/cost/quality through the successful implementing of CI/Kaizen and lean manufacturing techniques i.e., Lean Six Sigma, 5s, 8D, 5 Whys etc
- Leading the application of detailed process understanding across design, develop and optimising manufacturing processes
- Gain knowledge of existing products, materials, design rules and production techniques with the aim of leading on the redevelopment of existing products by enhancing these techniques, reducing materials costs, and improving production efficiencies where possible
- Work with the Director of Operations and HR as required to define personal development and training plans for the team
- Ensure all new and existing equipment complies with all relevant safety and performance standards
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience in an Engineering discipline
- Excellent internal/external stakeholder management skills with the gravitas to engage at all levels
- Proven experience of managing and developing multi-disciplined engineering teams
- Strong project management skills and a track record of delivering complex equipment / systems builds
- Experience of NPI/NPD in a complex manufacturing environment
- A sound understanding of lean manufacturing tools and techniques
- Expertise and knowledge of world-wide product supply and the related regulations would also be advantageous
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an industry leading engineering establishment and the opportunity to work alongside leading experts. To apply please send across your updated CV or call Jerry Hayman.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Sorry, this job has expired
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C