Hot End Process Leader
|Job Title:||Hot End Process Leader|
|Industry:||Industrial (Warehouse & Manufacturing)|
|Contact Name:||Naomi Gibbs|
|Job Published:||16 June 2022|
We are looking to recruit a Hot End Process Leader on behalf of our client based in Cwmbran to provide technical and process knowledge for the shift teams in the Hot End area. Creating a customer centric mentality within the team whilst challenging at all levels to continually improve.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
Process Leadership: Provide and share expert process knowledge and technical skills so that the shift teams can achieve consistent and sustained manufacturing efficiency and process improvement.
Process Compliance: To Standard Ensuring all site operations, within the process area, exhibit consistent and aligned process compliance in all agreed formats.
Process Development: Provide facilitation and support to the hot end manufacturing teams in the development of their technical knowledge and use of best practice. Engage with and listen to team members, providing knowledge, confidence, and mentoring support.
Process Innovation: To ensure the Cwmbran hot end process has access to all sources of manufacturing and process best practice so that we gain and sustain a competitive advantage over our competitors.
Continuous Improvement: Lead and participate in projects, and in conjunction with individual project team members, clearly communicate project outcomes so that the shift teams can implement and sustain dynamic process and operational changes.
Energy Efficiency: The role holder will seek to achieve process energy efficiency through the identification of key areas where energy usage could be better optimised; they will collaborate with the Energy and Process Engineer when necessary to produce detailed capital spend applications as appropriate and seek agreement for spend in conjunction with the Engineering and/or Project Manager.
Process Understanding and Support As a key member of the Technical team, the Hot End Leader will participate in or manage trials aimed at improving product/process knowledge, and thereby reducing costs. Outputs are trial reports with clear outcomes.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree qualified in a science or engineering discipline (desirable).
- Computer skills at near IT technician level
- 2 years experience of continuous process plant operation, with technical competency achieved or understood in area of application.
- 2 further years of Supervisory management experience or clear demonstration of supervisory potential in knowledge and skills.
- 2 years engineering or technical application within the current or similar operation.
- Experienced in applying Performance Management process: Objective setting; assessment of contribution; training needs analysis; successful implementation of training plans; behaviour improvement in staff; application of remedial plans and first stage disciplinary action.
- Leadership and communication style which is motivating and engaging to individuals and teams.
- Conversant with the fundamental principles of Continuous Improvement and knowledge of the associated tools and techniques
- Six sigma qualified to a minimum of green belt level
- Someone who is equally effective working individually or as part of a team.
For more information in regards to this role, please contact Naomi on 07506 949615.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.