Legal Services Manager
|Job Title:||Legal Services Manager|
|Location:||North West London, London|
|Industry:||Administration and Office Support|
|Contact Name:||Carlie Billingham|
|Job Published:||29 September 2022|
Vibe Recruit are currently looking for a Legal Services Manager for our NHS client, based in North West London.
This is a Band 8A, full time position.
- To ensure the efficient and effective management of clinical negligence claims made against the
- To ensure the efficient and effective management of Inquest
- To manage the Legal Services team and the
- Act as the subject matter expert on the management of clinical negligence claims and
- To prepare and present reports on clinical negligence claims and
- To provide general legal advice as and when
- To liaise with Estates, Procurement and HR in order to provide a comprehensive report of legal activity across the Trust
Management of clinical negligence claims
- Ensure that all clinical negligence claims are investigated and managed efficiently in accordance with Trust policy and
- Ensure that all clinical negligence claims are managed in accordance with NHS Resolution rules and guidance for the Clinical Negligence Scheme for NHS Trusts (CNST).
- Liaise with NHS Resolution and all solicitors involved in the handling of a clinical negligence
- Receive and allocate new claims and inquests within the Legal Services
- Oversee the investigation of clinical negligence claims against the
- Ensure that the claims database(s) is regularly maintained, updated and developed to meet reporting requirements, both internally and to NHS
- Act as the Trust's named contact with NHS
- Manage the process for liaising with Coroners and Coroner's Officers to meet the requirements of the Coroner's
- Obtain statements and any other information required by the Coroner in support of an
- Notify the Divisional Management Team and governance manager of all new Inquests and keep them informed of progress and of the
- Advise and support on procedures at inquests and assist with the preparation and content of witness statement and preparing staff for the role of witness and giving
- Ensure support is provided to staff before, during and after an
- Attend inquests as and when appropriate and required.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.