Logistics Compliance Officer
|Job Title:||Logistics Compliance Officer|
|Contact Name:||Naomi Gibbs|
|Job Published:||27 January 2022|
The Shipping & Logistics Compliance Officer reports directly to the Director of Operations and is responsible for the control of all shipments including HRMC reporting, oversight of import & export record keeping, Quantum data integrity.
The Shipping & Logistics Compliance Officer is also responsible for co-ordinating international shipments liaising with vendor logistics teams, and freight forwarders, ensuring documentation accuracy and customs recording prior to any shipments taking place.
The role could require the individual to travel and as a result the Shipping & Logistics Compliance Officer must be able to conduct themselves in a professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Controlling shipments internationally by Road, Air or Sea freight.
- Control of shipping with goods categorised as Dangerous Goods.
- Liaising/negotiating freight rates with freight forwarders and courier companies.
- Issuing Shipping Documentation and instructions for customs clearances.
- Dealing with insurance claims.
- Obtaining and maintain supporting documentation as required by HMRC and all other Customs regimes.
- HMRC monthly despatch
- Import/Export shipping control.
- Liaising with internal departments for all shipping requirements and external customer base
- Inward Processing Relief (IPR), Customs Warehouse (CW) and Cert of Airworthiness (C of A) customs regimes management.
- Checking Freight, Duty and VAT payments.
- ISPM-15 and ATA spec 300 compliance.
- Control of stock via QUANTUM.
- Create and maintain AerFin Shipping Manual.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Relevant experience in a logistics role.
- Level 3 NVQ or equivalent in a suitable field or relevant discipline.
- Detailed knowledge of HMRC requirements, INCO terms, international and domestic freight industry.
- Forklift Truck Licence
- Quantum user
- General aviation experience
- HAZMAT and DG transportation
- CIPS qualification
- Ability to lead & organise priorities and manage workloads effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with all departments within the business.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and actively encourage team member buy in.
- Actively inspire and encourage his/her team during all situations.
Physically fit due to requirements of lifting, bending & standing for extended periods
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Forklift Truck Operator
Overhead Crane Gantry Operator (Training provided where required)
Quantum user (Training provided where required)
For more information on this vacancy please contract Naomi on 07506 949615.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Sorry, this job has expired
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C