|Job Title:||Manufacturing Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Jerry Hayman|
|Job Published:||11 June 2022|
Manufacturing Engineer - £45,000 - South Oxfordshire
Role: Manufacturing Engineer
Field: Mechanical Engineering/Manufacturing/Production Engineering/NPI/NPD/Precision Engineering
Benefits include: Starting Holiday Allowance of 25 days, plus bank holidays, competitive pension scheme, life assurance, private healthcare, employee assistant programmes and more!
An excellent opportunity exists for ambitious Manufacturing/Production Engineer to join a world class organisation at their manufacturing facility in South Oxfordshire.
To define, develop and implement robust engineering processes and systems and to ensure continuous improvement in order to optimise the manufacturing processes within the business.
- To define & co-ordinate robust engineering processes in order to maximise production and compacity utilisation
- Working with the Engineering team on both existing and NPI projects
- Close working partnership with the Design Engineer, taking R&D projects from the initial design concepts to production
- Ensure that all product and systems requirements are considered as well as amending and updating BOM's
- Building jig/tooling fixtures for both R&D testing and product manufacturing processes
- Creating test procedures
- Looking at DFM (Design for Manufacturing) and DFA (Design for Assembly) processes in order to improve cost, time and quality on NPI and existing products
- Generation and implementation of engineering solutions in order to up-scale current processes and to take products from development to full production
- Leading the application of detailed process understanding - design, develop and optimising manufacturing processes
- Minimum HNC-level qualification in process/mechanical engineering
- Manufacturing/Process engineering experience gained within a manufacturing business
- Experience in high complexity manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Experience of 3D CAD
- Experience of high-level process control
- Experience of the following would be advantageous; FMEA, DFMA and LEAN principles
- Ability to bring projects in on time and to budget
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an industry leading Engineering establishment and the opportunity to work alongside leading experts. To apply please send across your updated CV or call Jerry Hayman.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.