Material Handler - Plastics Industry
|Job Title:||Material Handler - Plastics Industry|
|Contact Name:||Jeremiah Hayman|
|Job Published:||07 June 2022|
Material Handler - North Oxfordshire - £25,000
Role: Material Handler - Late Shift
Field: Injection Moulding/Machining/Plastics/Manufacturing
Reporting to: Shift Manager
Hours: 14:00 - 22:00 (Mon- Fri)
Benefits Include: 22 days plus bank holidays
As part of my partnership with a leading injection moulding manufacturer in Oxfordshire we are looking to appoint a Material Handler.
If you are looking to work for a world class establishment and to develop a long term and lucrative career this is an opportunity not to be missed! My client invest heavily in training and career development for their employees ensuring the work force has some of the brightest talent within the industry.
The main purpose of the role will be to manage how raw materials are stored, documented and distributed. The role will extend to ensure quality checks on materials, ensuring they are of the highest quality and issued to production teams in a timely and efficient manner.
- Handling and control of all raw material in the stores departments and on the factory floor to ensure all materials are located correctly and scanned in location on Jobshop system
- Issue and transport raw material from the store to the factory location driers and day bins, recording all movements as they happen with the bar code scanners
- Management of raw materials from the bulk store in the outback via the bulk material feed system, keeping the system well fed and issuing materials as needed
- Emptying and clean down of machine hoppers and return of left over materials in part bags to the mezzanine store
- Weighing and recording of part bags and scanning and return to store in a controlled manner
- Use trolley to visit workstations and collect product regularly to ensure smooth flow of finished product
- Review stocks of raw materials insuring reduction in waste and maximising compacity utilisation on the shop floor
- Good Housekeeping (5S), ensuring mould machines, factory and surrounding areas and mezzanine store are clean and tidy
Skills and Experience:
- Experience within a similar role and industry
- It would be desirable for candidates to come from the plastics/injection moulding industry
To apply for this fantastic opportunity please send across your updated CV or call Jerry Hayman
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.