|Job Title:||Process Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Alex Milton|
|Job Published:||26 May 2022|
£37,000 + 10% bonus, great pension, healthcare, life assurance and more
Do you want to work for an industry leader? Are you looking for a role with continual learning and development? Does the thought of great variety appeal to you?
We are recruiting for an Applications Process Engineer to join the team within the Surface Technology facility in Newport for an industry leading, international firm. The Applications Engineer will support the Production process and Engineering function with their process knowledge and experience to maximise productivity.
As Applications Process Engineer you will:
- Accept responsibility for the process development of new applications and production parts.
- Work closely with customers and the sales team, from enquiry stage through to production and delivery of components.
- Develop an expertise in robotic programming and an in depth coating knowledge through shop floor experience and training.
- Have the ability to use knowledge and understanding of key processes to develop production routes for new parts, make process improvements on existing applications and identify and resolve processing problems that may arise.
- Ensure that all aspects of work are documented to enable production to control the subsequent processing of parts i.e. drawings, process routes, tooling information and suppliers consumable reorder details.
- Produce process documentation as it develops, to ensure that process instructions are clear, accurate and updated.
- Become part of a larger team, utilising the experience of the coating technicians to enable process refinements to be made
- Take responsibility for inspection and control of the first production parts processed, up to the point where the process route has been established and handed over to production.
- Develop an in depth process knowledge that will enable you to troubleshoot process problems. (This is likely to involve visiting customers to hold technical discussions and provide technical services on existing and new applications).
You will need:
- ERP software experience
- Robot Programming ( desirable )
- Production Planning ( desirable )
- General engineering experience and expertise
- Thermal Metal Spraying experience ( desirable )
As well as a competitive salary, you will receive:
Pension - match contribution from 4% - 10%
Life Assurance - 2x annual salary rising to 4x within Company pension
Free refreshments provided
An entitlement to full pay whilst off sick for a limited number of days (in addition to your statutory sick pay entitlement)
25 days holiday plus national holidays
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn and develop with an international industry leader. You will have the chance to work on a number of exciting new projects and will be an important part of the Engineering team going forward.
For immediate consideration, please forward your CV to Alex at Vibe Recruit today.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.