|Job Title:||Process Technician|
|Location:||Pontypridd, Rhondda Cynon Taff|
|Industry:||Industrial (Warehouse & Manufacturing)|
|Contact Name:||Naomi Gibbs|
|Job Published:||16 November 2021|
Vibe Recruit's client based in Pontypridd is looking to recruit a Process Technician to carry out maintenance activities to equipment, site processes & services in-line with manufactures / legal recommended interval & standards.
This is a full time position on a permanent contract.
Essential Job Functions/ Responsibilities
- To provide & oversee maintenance / repair of the sites processes, services & equipment in alignment with production & management needs
- To support the production team in the changing over and set up of all machinery
- Support the production team in the application of TPM & PPM activities
- Ensure all paperwork completed in line with the maintenance process / system is accurate & legible
- Positively support & drive continuous improvement culture through the production areas
- Support Risk Assessments & all H&S improvement activities
- Assist with the installation of new plant / process installation
- Be responsive to support production needs for maintenance & breakdown repair in line with priorities set by the Production Manager / Supervision
- Support & carry out operator training as required
- Support & follow the maintenance spares system / stores
- Sharing experience, best practice, relaying all relevant knowledge & information with colleagues
- Demonstrate good house keeping
- Ensure PPE is maintained & used as prescribed
- Be flexible in approach to work to support the production needs, be able to work shift & cover over time when required.
- Any other duties as required by the Facilities Manager
Qualifications - Minimum
- Time served apprenticeship with practical experience (minimum 5 years post completion of apprenticeship) in a manufacturing environment packaging / FMCG / automotive.
- Minimum C&G craft qualification - mechanical or mechanical / electric. Target ONC mechanical or mechanical / electric qualifications
- PC literate
- PLC & Pneumatics control experience
- Good communication skill & attitude
- Practical approach to modern problem-solving tools & techniques
Qualification - Desirable
Five Years' experience as a maintenance technician in a packaging /automotive / FMCG working environment
- Qualification HNC in mechanical engineering or Mech / Elec
- Time served
- Knowledge / experience of mechanical / electrical PLC & Pneumatic systems
- Experience in lean manufacturing / continuous improvement techniques & tools 5s, Kaisen etc.
- 17th / 18th Edition wiring regulations
- Experience of statistical process control (SPC) & modern problem-solving tools techniques
Minimum Skill Requirements
- Supervisory experience in a 'lean culture' manufacturing environment
- Broad knowledge of equipment types: -packaging & processing
- Awareness of modern technology
- Good communication skills & attitude
- Team player
- Flexible - able to work shifts & cover over time when required
- Competent & self-motivated
- Leadership Skills
Hours of work
Monday - Thursday 08.00 - 16.30 Friday 07:00 - 12:00
For more information please contact Naomi on 07506 949615.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.