|Job Title:||Programme Officer|
|Location:||Nantgarw, Rhondda Cynon Taff|
|Industry:||Administration and Office Support|
|Contact Name:||Carlie Billingham|
|Job Published:||12 August 2022|
Vibe Recruit are looking for a Programme Officer to support the Quality Improvement Skills Training Programme Team within the Medical Directorate for our well-known NHS client, based near Caerphilly.
This role is a Band 4 and will be 22.5 hours per week, initially for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
Description of role
The post holder will support the Quality Improvement Skills Training (QIST) section in the
planning and delivery of quality improvement activity for all healthcare professionals across
Wales. Responsibilities include:
- The co-ordination, organisation and planning of training activity (introductory sessions, workshops, masterclasses and clinics), which will require coordinating with QIST Faculty Tutors, external agencies and specialty schools.
- Booking suitable venues and refreshments for all workshops, training sessions and clinics.
- The posts holder will take a leading role with the planning and organisation of the annual QIST conference, which is attended by 150+ delegates from across Wales.
- To accurately maintain the QIST database of those who have attended a training event and a repository of all QI projects undertaken.
- To accurately maintain the QIST waiting list for those healthcare professionals who wish to attend courses and workshops
- Provide advice and guidance to colleagues to assist them in answering queries relating to QIST training courses and workshops, signposting to other resources where appropriate.
- Compile end of training evaluations and ensure they are issued in a timely manner.
- Monitor the completion of training evaluations and prepare reports to be disseminated amongst trainers and highlight issues to the QIST Manager.
Skills and Experience
- Substantial experience of working in an administrative role.
- Demonstrable experience of establishing administrative systems and procedures making improvements as appropriate
- Excellent IT skills.
- Ability to explore customers' needs and adapt the service accordingly to ensure a quality service is delivered.
Weekly pay, every Friday, a week in arrears.
Please email: for any more information required for this role
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.