|Job Title:||Projects Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Naomi Gibbs|
|Job Published:||24 February 2023|
Vibe Recruit's client, a fast growing family business with over 75 years' experience, are seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated Project Engineer to join their fast-growing Engineering/ Projects Department.
Location : Abertillery
Salary : £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
The ideal candidate
You will have a structured and organised working attitude and able to work independently with multiple projects and deadlines.
You will lead and manage a range of NPI/ Engineering Change projects through the project life cycle from sales handover to full production, reporting directly to the Project Manager.
Duties & responsibilities
Working closely with Suppliers/ Customers and internal cross-functional teams you will ensure that quality parts are delivered to their world class Customers on time, in scope and within budget.
- Creation and maintenance of the project tracking timeline and project files.
- Ensuring our standardised APQP process is followed, fully complied with and supporting documentation is clear, relevant, organised and centrally available.
- Lead and organise technical reviews with the supplier, assessing supplier control processes and ensuring correct validation of all PPAP/ quality documentation.
- Working with the supplier, providing technical leadership to ensure samples and pre-production parts are delivered appropriately and on time and that supplier processes allow for repeatability and reproducibility to remove risks of issues in full production.
- Develop a close working relationship with the customer, being the key technical contact, understanding and managing the customer specifications/ promoting the voice of the customer during the project phase and after completion.
- Ensure PPAP completion and approval prior to production handover and delivery of the new parts.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at Grade C or above
- B Tech 3 or 2 A Levels
- HND/ Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Sound knowledge and experience of APQP, including the PPAP process, FMEA's and control plans.
- Strong knowledge of metallurgy, metrology techniques and drawing practices
- Experience working with suppliers based in India and China would be advantageous
For more information, please contact Naomi on 07506 949615.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Sorry, this job has expired
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C