|Job Title:||Purchasing Controller|
|Industry:||Automotive, Transport, Logistics and Driving|
|Contact Name:||Michaela Bennett|
|Job Published:||19 May 2021|
Our long standing client based in Llanelli has had a rare opportunity arise for a Purchasing Controller.
As a Purchasing Controller you will be responsible for managing the bill of cost for commodities/parts. You will develop cost reduction methods and opportunities in order the promote the overall productivity and supplier competitiveness through benchmarking and independent negotiations etc. Your role will be to develop strategies with commodities purchasing that are aligned with my clients needs for sustainable and profitable growth.
Your role will include:
- Communicating with Project Management, other departments in other regions, and Commodity Purchasing;
- Define sourcing strategy for all projects/programmes;
- Responsible for issuing Request for Quote (RFQ), negotiating prices, terms and conditions;
- Responsible for specific component project/programme of Purchasing Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) milestones to ensure smooth and flawless launches, and for early escalation of risks;
- Responsible for tracking of costs as a result of all engineering changes;
- Develop and execute supplier negotiation strategies to deliver on annual targets;
- Analyse UK and European supply base to prepare and recommend suppliers to be added/removed from the approved supplier list. In addition, nominate suppliers for the Supplier Panel List;
This is not an exhaustive list of duties so for a full job spec please do get in touch.
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- Good planning and analytical skills (i.e., quality, cost, capacity, etc.);
- Experience in supplier bidding process and complex negotiations;
- Experience with APQP and/or project management tools and methods;
- Dynamic and continuously looking for improvements (i.e., KAIZEN, PDCA, Six Sigma, etc.);
- High accountability, ability to cope with demanding targets and tight deadlines;
- Ability to adapt to different stakeholder needs, and to develop and maintain successful working relationships;
- Good financial understanding;
- Good knowledge of MS Office suites;
- Be able to travel and work within other Marelli sites and where needed to visit off-site suppliers/customers (frequent).
- Have a good level of IT and research skills
- Be motivated to maintain own personal development and training.
Along with a very competitive salary of £34,500 - £37,500 per annum working for this client also comes with excellent benefits such as:
Up to 8% company pension contribution
Company sick pay scheme
33 days annual leave incl. bank holidays
39.5 hours per week Monday - Friday
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.