|Job Title:||Purchasing Executive|
|Location:||Gatwick, West Sussex|
|Contact Name:||Naomi Gibbs|
|Job Published:||09 May 2022|
Due to exceptional and continued growth, my client is seeking to strengthen the existing teams in Gatwick, West Sussex with the addition of a Purchasing Executive.
The purchasing executive will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating, and placing purchase orders in line with the company's purchasing procedures in addition to building strong relationships with existing and new vendors.
The role will be primarily office based with occasional potential for travel, liaising with external suppliers as may be required. The role requires excellent communication skills and ability to maintain key relationships. A valid passport and driving licence are essential.
- Source required parts from various sources obtaining price, condition, trace, availability and tag information.
- Translate and present component specifications to meet customer requirements
- Negotiate with vendors to obtain the best price, lead time and payment terms in line with company's requirements
- Process purchase orders and expedite through to delivery
- Obtain market intelligence for procurement
- Communicate effectively and maintain professional relationships with vendors
- Provide regular reports to the management team
- Communicate effectively with other teams within the business
- Proposal & presentation preparation
- Monitor & report cost model
- Responsible for logging and updating vendor quotations
- Monitoring of the marketplace for purchasing opportunities
- Periodic visits to key vendors and trade shows
- All other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- A practical interest in aviation and engineering
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE standard in Mathematics and English
- Relevant experience in a procurement related role within the aerospace or a similar industry
- Strong customer service, procurement and communication skills
- Self-motivated, strong planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Aggressive negotiation skills, tireless work ethic
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint).
- Previous experience with Quantum Control
- Relevant experience in the aerospace industry.
- Familiar with EASA 145 and airworthiness record keeping requirements (training will be provided).
- CIPS Qualified
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work using own initiative.
- Capable of presenting findings analysis of records concisely to other team members.
- Able to work within a team of highly motivated individuals in a fast-moving environment.
For more information please contact Naomi on 07506 949615.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Sorry, this job has expired
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C