Quality Control Technician
|Job Title:||Quality Control Technician|
|Location:||Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot|
|Contact Name:||Vicki Dillon|
|Job Published:||16 April 2021|
Role Quality Control Technician
Rate of Pay - £10.47 per hour plus shift allowance
Contract Temporary to Permanent
Vibe Recruit have an immediate requirement for a Quality Control Technician for our client based in Baglan.
The holder will be responsible for organising the testing and release of incoming materials, finished goods and will support on material quality issues, assisting the Quality Manager in maintaining Quality compliance and ensuring adherence to GMP and Health & Safety standards
Ideally qualified to degree (or equivalent) level in an appropriate scientific subject, or relevant Quality Control experience in a Manufacturing Environment.
Assist the Quality Manager ensuring materials are released and department KPIs are achieved/exceeded.
Complete the routine aspects of the assessment of incoming raw materials, packaging and finished goods including:
- Logging receipt.
- Establish sample and test requirements.
- Assessment of Supplier COA/COC.
- Submission of samples to internal and external test houses.
- Collation, evaluation and recording of test results.
- Making release/quarantine/reject decisions.
- Quality related SAGE transactions, stock movements and reports.
- Conduct factory audits, identifying non-conformances and propose opportunities for improvements.
- Generate and communicate non-conformances in a timely manner, ensuring the continuity of Product flow to internal customers
- Oversee the Quarantine and Reject area. Coordinate the final disposition of expired materials. Provide regular status updates and raising reject notes as required.
- Assist in the investigation of customer complaints, Out of specification results and Non Conformances.
- Propose and implement improvements to working practices and take the lead in departmental projects.
- Help to maintain and monitor the skip lot testing program. Update for any changes or introductions of new raw materials.
- Assist the Quality Manager to investigate and non-conformances relating to QC.
- Ensure Health & Safety and Quality Standards are being adhered to all times within the department.
- Represent the Quality Control team at meetings as appropriate, providing status updates on behalf of team and providing feedback to team on required actions.
- Train new team members
Strong Communication Skills both Verbal and Written.
Able to Communicate at all levels.
Required Personal Attributes:
- Excellent Computer, Presentation and Analytical Skills.
- Must be 'customer focused'.
- Good organisational skills.
- Must be capable of working independently and under pressure.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency in completing tasks and have ability to get things done.
- Demonstrate good judgement in performing duties.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Positive and proactive.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.