|Job Title:||Quality Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Jerry Hayman|
|Job Published:||12 July 2022|
Quality Engineer - Oxfordshire - £35,000 - £37,000
Role: Quality Engineer
Field: Quality Management, Quality Assurance, CMM, Quality Control/Medical Device/Quality Inspection
Reporting to: Quality Director
Salary: £35,000 - £37,000
Hours: Monday (08:30 - 17;00), Tuesday - Thursday (08:00 - 17:00), Friday (08:00 - 15:00)
As part of my partnership with a leading injection moulding manufacturer in Oxfordshire they are looking to appoint Quality Engineer.
If you are looking to work for a world class establishment and to develop a long term and lucrative career this is an opportunity not to be missed! My client invests heavily in training and career development for their employees ensuring the work force has some of the brightest talent within the industry.
You will be involved in the design and development of injection mould tools, ensuring that business operations are maximised at all times.
- Produce Daily Gemba statistics for use in meetings; attend Gemba meetings where necessary and liaise with relevant staff members to discuss quality issues/resolve
- Produce and input data for weekly and monthly management review meetings
- Inspect internal non-conformances, ensure suspect stock is quarantined/handsorted/ reworked/scrapped and implement corrective actions as required
- Conduct internal audits
- Regularly manage sample monitor to ensure records are up to date
- Enter any scrap into system from Assembly or reworked jobs
- Completion of Initial Sample Inspection Reports
- Raising and modification of computer system
- Administration of drawing control and master samples
- Participate in 5S and Continuous Improvement exercises
- Inspection of incoming verification of components
- Investigate advanced metrology methods, including CMMs, non-contact inspection, and manual gaging methods.
- Assist with process optimisation activities that reduce costs and improve profitability as required.
- Conduct training in Quality procedures as required.
- Work with the Project Manager during introduction of new parts and processes as required
Skills and Experience:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent or with relevant work experience
- Previous experience within a Quality Engineering/Quality Assurance department
- Working knowledge of metrology techniques, including CMM, manual measuring equipment
- Understand of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Ideally experience of CMM (Aberlink)
- Experience of working to ISO standards i.e., ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 13485 standards
To apply for this fantastic opportunity please send across your updated CV or call Jerry Hayman
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.