Quality Inspector (FTC)
|Job Title:||Quality Inspector (FTC)|
|Contact Name:||Stephen Prior|
|Job Published:||18 January 2023|
Position: Quality Inspector (FTC)
Location: West Oxfordshire
Salary: Negotiable (Depending on Experience)
Hours: Monday - Thursday 08:30 - 17:00
Friday 08:30 - 16:00
A family run business based in West Oxfordshire, also internationally established has consistently been improving since 1963. As an Independent provider of hydraulic accessories, my client has a global network of expertise, quality standards and customer focus. This enables them to meet with the markets strict requirements and offer support in developing your tailored solution.
As a Quality Inspector, you will be a key resource within our Quality Team. Reporting to the QHSE Manager, your main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Carry out patrol inspection of Production Manufacturing and Assembly areas.
- Verify Goods-In material certification & compile stainless steel certification packs.
- To assist with any Quality Control issues that may arise in Goods-In or Production.
- To oversee and maintain calibration of measurement equipment across all sites.
- Carry out goods inwards inspection on received parts to required specifications.
- Management may, from time to time, require you to carry out tasks in addition to your normal duties, provided these tasks are both reasonable and within your capabilities.
- Proactive approach to work
- Knowledge of quality procedures including current ISO Standards (ISO9001)
- Numeracy and Literacy
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Computer literate
- Driving licence
- Have used SAP or other similar ERP systems.
- Shadowgraph/ CMM / Formtracer / Contracer / Surface tester experience.
- Knowledge of Hydraulic Products.
- Knowledge of FAIR (First Article Inspection Reports)
- Minimum 2 years' experience of working within an inspection or production environment.
- Ability to use standard metrology equipment in the correct application, including but not limited to: Calipers, Bore Micrometers, Height Gauge, Surface Plate, Indicators, Pin and Ball Gauges.
- Experience with administration work and using Microsoft Office / PDF software.
- Calibration Management experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend Engineering drawings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Keen eye for detail.
For more information regarding this position, please contact Stephen Prior on 07749 49623 or
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.