|Job Title:||Quality Manager|
|Industry:||Industrial (Warehouse & Manufacturing)|
|Contact Name:||Naomi Gibbs|
|Job Published:||05 August 2022|
Vibe Recruit's client based in Blackwood are looking to appoint a Quality Manager on a full time, permanent contract to join their team.
To run and maintain quality assurance to ensure that company systems and customer requirements are fully met whilst managing the certifications, procedures and processes that enable the key functions of the business to operate. The quality manager will champion, support or lead quality improvement initiatives. The role will require the monitoring and publication of statistics regarding company performance and Quality KPI's. To be the main interface from external/internal defects (complaints/non-conformity) coming from external and internal customers. Assuring the food safety and legality of products made by championing the HACCP, GMP and quality control plans. Keeping abreast of changes to legislation and impact on people, products and processes.
Key Responsibilities -
- Delivering on KPIs within Quality. Driving a "zero tolerance approach" and zero defects
- Following up on all non-conformity either from external complaints or internal quarantines
- Determining, agreeing and implementing in-house quality procedures, standards and/or specifications
- Maintaining food safety and legality systems. Developing the team to understand their food safety responsibilities.
- Specifying quality requirements of raw materials with suppliers
- Investigating and setting standards for quality within the UK and coordination at Group level. Driving positive Quality culture
- Working with Operations staff to establish procedures, standards, systems and procedures
- Writing management/technical reports (Access, Word, Excel, PPoint)
- Acting as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance/quality
- Recording, analysing and distributing statistical information
- Monitoring performance, root cause analysis & implementing corrective actions
- Supervising technical or laboratory staff
- Internal auditing and corrective action on glass, hard plastics, sharps, supporting process auditing
- Maintenance and testing of traceability system
- Samples management
- Developing a small team of QA auditors, determining training needs
- Held a quality management role in a manufacturing business (experience of packaging, paper, food manufacturing or automotive would be an advantage)
- In depth understanding of Quality Systems, processes and their synergies
- Strong leadership capability. Demonstrates presence, drive, energy and passion.
- Problem solver and able to introduce processes to eliminate issues from reoccurring
- Demonstrable experience of driving and improving performance and company profitability
- Excellent communication (including presentation) and influencing skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
Core Competencies -
- Technical knowledge and understanding of Quality systems and processes. In particular ISO9001 & BRC. Knowledge of ISO14001, ISO50001 essential. Food safety and legality as part of Haccp and BRC requirements
- Change oriented/ challenges the status quo/ drives & embraces change
- Team orientated/ collaborative
- Driven/ self-motivated/ career oriented - has the development potential and ambition to progress beyond this role
- Assertive/ able to handle conflict/ challenges others
- Able to operate & take decisions independently/ enjoys autonomy
- Emotionally robust/ stable/ adaptive
- Results driven
- Persuasive/ Influential
- Self-assured/ credible
For more information, please contact Naomi on 07506 949615.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.