|Job Title:||Quality Manager|
|Industry:||Permanent and Executive Recruitment|
|Contact Name:||Paul Southard|
|Job Published:||18 June 2020|
Vibe are proud to be representing the UK's most exciting independent food products manufacturer in South Wales. This client has over the years been able to build a strong reputation for quality, innovation, service and competitive pricing in an ever-evolving market.
Due to internal growth and development, my client requires an experienced and qualified Quality Manager. This is a hands-on role managing the QA team and the factory technical processes. Reporting directly to the Head of Technical, you will ensure the site are continually manufacturing safe and legal products in accordance with all policies and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Organisation of all laboratory and retained samples ensuring that all testing is completed in accordance with schedule and codes of practices.
- Release of the factory for vegan and gluten free production and collation of the samples for testing
- Management of the QA's - 4 x direct reports with a requirement to work flexibly to coach, train and ensure all process are completed in accordance with the procedure.
- Auditing - GMP/hygiene/fabrication/QMS in line with the schedule and ensuring that all non-conformances are communicated and closed out.
- Control of non-conforming product, hold and reject communication, reject and disposal notes
- Management of the calibration schedule.
- Overseeing the factory and ensuring that the facility is "audit ready" and working within all Gluten free and Vegan standards to produce safe and legal products. Ensuring that the HACCP plan, QMS, Integrity requirements are all fully installed into the daily working processes.
- External audit preparation and involvement in all customer, regulatory and third-party audits. Presentation of all associated work to include audits, calibration, and traceability information.
- Non-conformance close outs for all internal and external audits ensuring that all actions have a root cause and a sustainable long-term fix.
- Ownership of the date coding system to ensure all operational staff are fully trained.
- Ensuring all factory paperwork is up to date and fit for purpose, filing is completed in accordance with procedures and available for all traceability exercises.
- Management of the daily taste panel.
- Involvement in all factory improvements ensuring that all new machinery is included in all glass registers, risk assessments
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- BSc in Food Science or equivalent related discipline
- Significant experience within the food manufacturing industry
- Level 3 HACCP
- Knowledge of BRC and Retailer Code of Practice
- Effective people management
- Audit Experience
- Flexible approach.
- Systems Driven
- Knowledge and desire to be present in the factory - this is not a "desk only job"
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Sorry, this job has expired
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C