|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor|
|Contact Name:||Hannah Davies|
|Job Published:||29 March 2022|
Vibe Recruit are working with a civil and marine engineering contractor with over 45 years of experience in the industry. They provide commercial diving and marine civil engineering services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets throughout the UK.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our business for an ambitious and talented Quantity Surveyor.
Due to continued growth, we are currently looking for a dedicated and highly motivated Quantity Surveyor with experience in the construction industry. The successful candidate must be QS Qualified, proactive, and able to work as part of a team; hold a Full UK driver's license, and have proficient use of IT tools (Microsoft Office).
The company will commit to training and professionally developing the right candidate to expand their capabilities to progress within the company. Due to the diverse nature of our business, we require an individual that wants an exciting new challenge, work in a fast-paced, fun environment, and be a part of an incredibly successful team.
The role responsibilities:
- Review all new contracts and raise any issues internally and with the client and help negotiate T&C's
- Attend meetings with senior members of the team to help negotiate all elements through to acceptance.
- Attend all pre-award, pre-let meetings (in-person and virtual)
- Review all project information pre-start information and identify any changes in advance of project commencement.
- Monitor and record any changes that occur during the project, and identify, prepare and issue early warnings, CE's when needed
- Agree on variations with clients and acceptance of any changes in value
- Assist and support site staff in maintaining accurate records
- Visit all sites as and when required
- Attend progress meetings
- Carry out monthly valuations on all current projects
- Prepare and issue applications in accordance with client's payment schedules
- Prepare, agree on variations and be confident settling final accounts
- Assist with takeoffs on new tenders
- Work closely with the project team to enable perfect project delivery and success.
- Generally, assist the commercial department and protect the company's commercial interests
- Qualified in Quantity Surveying.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in the industry, including visits to site.
- Experience with NEC contracts
- Proficient use of IT (Microsoft Office, Excel, and bespoke packages).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Must be flexible to travel and work away when required
- Must be flexible and able to work as part of a team and use own initiative.
- Must hold a valid driver's license.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.