|Job Title:||Reception Manager|
|Location:||Merthyr Tydfil, Wales|
|Industry:||Hospitality and Catering|
|Contact Name:||Naomi Gibbs|
|Job Published:||30 September 2021|
Our client based in Merthyr Tydfil is looking for an experienced, energetic, and motivated leader to join their Visitor Experience team in a new role as Reception Manager on a permanent, full time basis.
This role will lead the team in delivering a fun but professional environment, which results in the efficient day-to-day operation of the welcome department. Reporting through to the Business Development Manager the successful candidate will be expected to take full ownership of the department, delivering a world class service.
You will be expected to always lead by example; this is a hands-on role that will suit someone who enjoys leading from the front. The ideal candidate will have previous management experience from a reception/guest services background, you will be highly flexible, with a can-do approach, be professional, proactive and service focused but importantly a friendly and welcoming presence, with a strong attention to detail.
Ideally looking for someone with hotel/attraction/hospitality background.
Duties and Responsibilities to include:
- Assist the BDM in group and corporate enquiries and functions, and assisting in events, as needed
- Ensure all team are completing the 'Acceptance of Risk' confirmation checks
- Train and lead the Visitor Welcome team in engaging with their visitors, sharing information they will need for their day, also sharing information on upcoming events
- Ensure the Visitor Welcome team are consistently adhering to company GDPR protection policies
- Work with the BDM to deliver team training for the Visistor Welcome department in all areas
- Work with the BDM in achieving the department KPIs
- Engaging with all visitors throughout their visit and ensure a warm goodbye is given by all team
- Assist the Senior team in occasionally acting as 'duty manager', as and when required
- Lead on Team HR requirements, such as rotas, employee journey activities
- Working with the BDM & the Facilities manager to create a safe working environment for the team and visitors
- Assist the BDM in Health and safety practices and training for the department
- Exceptional people & leadership skills, enabling great working relationships with team members as well as visitors.
- Solid skills in team training, covering a vast range of topics
- Ability to deliver and lead on exceptional standards of customer service
- Proven experience in face-to-face customer service experience, ideally in a sales environment
- Fun, personable and highly motivated self-starter
- Willingness to learn and participate in training programs
- Strong written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Numerate with experience of record keeping and cash handling
- Good IT skills (Microsoft office package)
Hours of work - 40 hours a week.
For more information please contact Vibe Recruit on 07506 949615.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.