|Job Title:||Sales Manager|
|Location:||Neath Port Talbot, Wales|
|Industry:||Industrial (Warehouse & Manufacturing)|
|Contact Name:||Naomi Gibbs|
|Job Published:||01 December 2021|
After a period of rapid growth my client is looking for a Sales Manager to join them on a permanent contract.
The main purpose of the role is to develop and deliver strategies for growth to ensure they are effectively maximising on all opportunities in each sector within the UK and international markets.
Strategic planning is a key part of this job. You'll be managing multiple teams including technical sales and business development, while working alongside the Commercial manager.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Looking at the whole product range and the market as a whole, a clear strategy must be created and executed that is fully driven and implemented successfully in conjunction with other departments.
- Identify product gaps in the market and new opportunities to develop. Present and discuss with Senior management.
- Developing and implementing strategic sales plans that expand a company's customer base and solidify its presence.
- Have a good understanding of the businesses' products or services and to be able to inform others.
- The execution of the plan involves delegation and development of people - excellent people skills and splitting tasks and accountabilities to achieve the department goals is fundamental, with an emphasis in training, empowerment, morale and motivation.
- Motivate the team to performs and strive proactively to achieve company goals in multiple sectors to ensure the pipeline of work and penetration into the market continually grows.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are SMART and met by self and the support team.
- Skill and strategy needs to be employed to ensure successful removal of activity from competitors.
- Lead by example - demonstrating best practice in sales, negotiating and sealing a deal. Willingness to get stuck in.
- Work with the Marketing team to reach and convert sectors and individuals and their companies.
- Help in creation of content and the plan in association with the overall strategy and the ability to support the roll out.
- Oversee the Estimating department as part of the sales function, liaising and discussing with the Team Leader.
- Liaising with Commercial Manager and Heads of Departments to ensure all working together to achieve the goals and objectives.
- Create a vibrant, positive and collaborative Sales department with great communication and producing Growth in multiple areas.
- Seek ways of continuously improving the way the business operates.
- Maintain relationships with current clients and identify new prospects.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Achievable goals set - new customers, new markets, sales performance.
- Achieving overall company goals.
- Quotation levels.
- Conversion rates.
- Conversion of competitor customers.
- Key accounts maintenance and growth.
- Positive feedback from clients.
- People - recruit / morale/ motivation/ training / reward and recognition - manage teams & interface with other departments
- Product - sell our solutions and ability to spot opportunities
- Tasks - splitting the workload to achieve strategy and monitor and progress via KPI's and measures
- Communication - professional, measured and constructive - written and verbal and use of Digital platforms
- Reporting - highly effective reports generated and analysis of data to ensure tasks are executed thoroughly
- Tenacity - positive and collaborative approach with a real drive to succeed
- Manner - Approachable, friendly, highly professional and efficient.
This role has the ability to grow in scale and in line with business activity.
Working Hours : Monday - Friday 9am-5:30pm.
For more information, please contact Naomi on 07506 949615.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.