Senior Communications and Engagement Officer
|Job Title:||Senior Communications and Engagement Officer|
|Location:||Nantgarw, Rhondda Cynon Taff|
|Industry:||Administration and Office Support|
|Contact Name:||Carlie Billingham|
|Job Published:||23 November 2022|
Vibe Recruit are looking for a Senior Communications and Engagement Officer for our well-known NHS client, based in Caerphilly. The role is a 6 month fixed term contract.
This role is a Band 6 and will be 37.5 hours per week, with hybrid working available.
Description of the role
The Senior Communications and Engagement Officer will play a key role in managing the good reputation of the company and delivering high-quality communications and engagement for a range of audiences, ensuring that key internal and external audiences understand the companies aim and vision.
In particular, the post-holder will:
- Develop, implement and evaluate communication, engagement and marketing projects for a wide range of audiences including partners, staff and the general public.
- Manage proactive and reactive media relations on a day-to-day basis. This will include managing reactive media enquiries, briefing journalists, managing events, press conferences, photo calls and visits, supervising filming and preparing reactive statements and Q&A documents.
- Support the companies social media strategy and work with the communications and engagement team, and colleagues across the organisation, to plan regular, engaging content that meets the needs of our target audiences and supports organisational objectives.
- Commission and or produce photographs for all communication channels including our intranet, website, social media, and newsletters.
- Write, edit, proof read and co-ordinate content for internal and external publications.
- Work with the communications and engagement team to ensure materials are accurate and up-to-date.
- Provide communications, media and marketing advice to managers, staff and committees and work with other departments to provide communications and marketing support for company projects.
- Respond to queries received via the organisation's website and social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other communication tools.
- Work with external consultants/agencies including designers and video production agencies to commission and develop communications / marketing content.
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of new technology and digital communications (including social media) in order to deliver an effective HEIW marketing and communication service.
- Proof and quality assure communications and engagement materials before publication, ensuring a attention to detail is of the highest level
- Cover for the Communications and Engagement manger as appropriate.
Weekly pay, every Friday, a week in arrears.
Please email: for any more information required for this role
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.