Senior Management Accountant
|Job Title:||Senior Management Accountant|
|Industry:||Administration and Office Support|
|Contact Name:||Dajana Kovacevic|
|Job Published:||09 September 2022|
Senior Management Accountant - Oxford - Mainly Remote
Position: Senior Management Accountant
Type: Permanent - 37 hours per week
Grade and Salary Range: £45,496 - £46,495 per annum (pro rata for part time)
Location: Work from Home / Oxford
About the role:
Our client has a great opportunity for a Senior Management Accountant to join their team. The role's purpose is to provide accurate and precise information on the business's financial budgets supporting the team. You will gain an understanding of the business and be able to provide sound financial advice, innovative solutions and ensuring a clear understanding of financial arrangements across the company as a whole.
- Provide supported guidance and training to Heads of Service, Managing Director and cost centre managers on all aspects of financial matters. You will be the first point of contact.
- Extracting data and interpreting the results in a clear and concise way to all levels of staff.
- Provision of budget monitoring support and information to allow cost centre managers to take ownership of their budgets and forecasting, providing additional support in high-risk areas that may need additional reviews.
- Undertaking regular meetings with cost centre managers and Service Heads to discuss their budget monitoring position, associated issues, progress, establishment control issues, and financial process issues.
- Assist with the production and presentation of forecasts and other financial information to be included within reports submitted periodically.
- Playing a proactive role alongside officers tasked with drafting reports for the company ensuring financial implications are considered and stated accurately in the reports.
- Making full use of any interim arrangements and to allow reporting to be easily run from the system, by cost centre managers, without the need for manual intervention, to ensure consistency in reporting and allowing managers to access reports when they require them.
- Provide accurate and timely Management Accounting activities to support the monitoring of the company's individual and group budgets.
- Providing accurate communication and reports, together with the attendance and participation at any relevant Boards/Meetings/Groups.
- Deliver high performance, strong engagement and a commitment to continuous improvement in support of company's values.
- CCAB qualified, part qualified, or qualified by experience.
- Experience of financial planning, and budget monitoring in a large complex organisation
- Knowledge of and experience of operating a large procurement and financial ledger system e.g. Agresso
- Understanding and experience of working with Excel and other financial modelling systems, together with a working knowledge of Teams, Word and other Microsoft programs.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to undertake complex financial modelling, evaluation, and presentation of the findings
- Knowledge of the wider aspects of general financial services such as Insurance, risks, procurement process, company tax and contract accounting.
If this role is of interest and you would like to know more, please call on 01869 321 322 or send us a copy of your updated CV.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.