Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Naomi Gibbs|
|Job Published:||08 March 2023|
Vibe Recruit's client, based in Oxford, are looking to appoint a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer on a full time, permanent contract.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the design and development of Micro Machining and High Speed Imaging systems
In this role you will be expected to be creative and innovative in the generation of concepts and detailed designs using 3D CAD and FEA simulation tools. Your responsibilities will include the generation of drawings and MRP data for both internal and external customers using approved procedures and processes.
- Produce concept and detailed designs using 3D CAD ensuring that solutions are fit for purpose and cost effective.
- Use FEA tools to simulate mechanical behaviour
- Generate and amend drawings and documentation to appropriate standards including BS8888
- Investigate and define answers to design problems via NCR's and ECR's
- Generate and maintain detailed BoM's
Experience & Skills
- A minimum of 5 year's experience working in a mechanical design role in a high technology company
- Experience of using 3D CAD packages. AutoCAD Inventor and Vault would be an advantage
- Experience of MRP systems and BoM maintenance
- Degree level of education preferred but not essential
If you have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, to manage your own workload and work comfortably in a technical environment then this could be the perfect role for you!
For more information, please contact Naomi on 07506 949615.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C