Senior Stores Assistant / Deputy Stores Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Stores Assistant / Deputy Stores Manager|
|Location:||South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire|
|Industry:||Industrial (Warehouse & Manufacturing)|
|Contact Name:||Graeme Passau|
|Job Published:||10 October 2022|
Senior Stores Assistant / Deputy Manager
A great opportunity is now available with a prestigious manufacturer, to join their expanding team, as a Senior Stores Assistant/ Deputy Manager.
Reporting to the Stores Manager and responsible for the maintenance of stock within stores and the manufacturing area, the appointee will also be responsible for all stock being held, general housekeeping, and deputising for Stores Manager.
Assist in the management of the raw material Stores to ensure:
- Proper location and storage of incoming material.
- Timely issue and kitting of materials to the production in line with production schedules.
- The continuous audit of all stock by periodic cycle counting.
- Responsible for the security, control and movement of raw material stock.
- Involved with the annual stock take to ensure that a smooth and satisfactory count takes place.
- Deputise for the Goods Inwards Inspector in his/her absence as required.
- Undertakes problem solving and other tasks as directed by the Stores Manager.
- Moving stock using Forklift.
- Operates in accordance with the company's Health and Safety procedure, and other related company policies.
Qualifications and Experience
- The appointee must be computer literate.
- Forklift licence ideal but the company will provide training if required.
- To have the ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation.
- The candidate must have experience of stockroom and despatch procedures, preferably gained in a manufacturing environment.
- Physically fit and be able to lift weights up to 25kgs (the maximum limit) as defined by the Health & Safety Executive.
Hours: 40 hours per week, 8.00am to 4.30pm (some flexibility if required)
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.