|Job Title:||Shift Manager|
|Industry:||Industrial (Warehouse & Manufacturing)|
|Contact Name:||Naomi Gibbs|
|Job Published:||19 May 2022|
Vibe Recruit's client are looking to appoint a Shift Manager on a full time, permanent contract. Ongoing success has led to the creation of a diversified group of companies within this business, manufacturing from four factories within the UK.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Shift Manager will motivate staff, manage machines, continuous improvement and process throughout the shift in order to:
- Achieve target product quality levels.
- Ensure on time delivery and adherence to plan.
- Development of all team members.
- Maximise efficiency and minimise waste.
- Ensure continuous improvement activities are taking place.
- Working with machine monitoring software and MRP system, this is integral to the role for planning, to monitor the process, interrogate and make decisions and improvements from data produced.
- You have overall responsibility for all manufacturing operations during your shift ensuring the company's commitment to product quality and delivery are met whilst minimising cost and driving productivity.
- Conduct two four hourly product quality checks throughout the shift and verify that all routine inspections have been carried out by the Operators.
- Review and sign line clearance and check first off samples against standard to commence the next job.
- Prepare and conduct a formal shift hand-over with the succeeding shift.
- Manage labour and equipment in all areas to achieve daily and weekly production targets.
- Manage the technical setting team on shift, ensuring all procedures are followed with regards to tool changes and that first and last off procedures are being followed. Act on audit findings and institute corrective actions. Work with the Process Engineers and Setters to optimise machines and processes to achieve high levels of quality at target cycle times.
- Training of all staff, regarding quality standards and standard operating procedures to achieve optimum production efficiency and product quality. Identify on-going training needs and liaise with others to complete if necessary. Maintain the skills matrix for all employees on your shift.
- Continually look for ways to reduce manufacturing costs.
- Ensure all operations are carried out in line with current Health & Safety legislation and the company's policies and procedures. Strive for smarter and safer ways of working and communicate best practice to your team and others.
- Handle first line disciplinary issues with all staff.
- Select, recruit and manage the retention of all permanent and temporary staff. Conduct regular appraisals and encourage an attitude of flexibility by offering job swaps and skills development.
- Conducting daily team briefs (tool-box talks) for, Setters, Operators.
- Produce daily shift reports and use the analytical data to improve machine efficiencies.
- Assist in new product or project introduction to ensure process capability and quality standards are achievable, ensuring Project Green procedure is followed.
Working hours - 3 shift pattern rotating
Week 1 : Sun - Thur 10pm-6am
Week 2 : Mon - Fri 2pm-10pm
Week 3 : Mon - Fri 6am-2pm
For more information, please contact Naomi on 07506 949615.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.