Stores & Logistics Officer
|Job Title:||Stores & Logistics Officer|
|Location:||Gatwick, West Sussex|
|Industry:||Transport, Logistics and Driving|
|Contact Name:||Naomi Gibbs|
|Job Published:||16 February 2022|
Our client specialises in aircraft end of life solutions, using their extensive inventory holding to support their airline and MRO customer base.
Working within a small team you would be reporting to the Head of Operations. As a Stores and Logistics Officer you will provide support to the Gatwick operation ensuring customer requests are fulfilled.
Stores based, the role requires good communication skills, attention to detail, organisation skills and ability to maintain key relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dealing with customer request for materials, sales & exchange enquiries
- Meeting deadlines to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Preparing orders for shipments to venders and customers
- Expediting deliveries with couriers
- Data entry via Quantum
- Maintenance of an organised filing system.
- Receiving materials into the company from suppliers.
- Quality control inspection of materials received.
- Handling and storage of aeronautical parts including electro sensitive devices.
- Dealing with queries and reject parts.
- Packing parts for dispatch either domestic or export.
- Upkeep of shipping documentation.
- Liaison with colleagues in all other departments at all levels to ensure the smooth running of the company.
- To carry out any other reasonable task as may be deemed appropriate from time to time.
A practical interest in aviation and engineering.
Relevant experience in the aerospace industry ideally gained from working within a Stores or a Logistics environment.
- Good organisational skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A willingness and enthusiasm to learn
- Full driving licence
- Working knowledge of Quantum Inventory system
- Forklift truck licence
- Hazardous Goods in transit certificate
- Good communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work using own initiative.
- Able to work within a small team of highly motivated individuals in a fast moving entrepreneurial working environment.
Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm
For more information please contact Naomi on 07506 949615.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Sorry, this job has expired
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C