|Job Title:||Stores Operative|
|Industry:||Industrial (Warehouse & Manufacturing)|
|Contact Name:||Alex Milton|
|Job Published:||26 May 2021|
Stores Person / Laser Engraver ( full training provided )
Pontypool ( Monday - Friday )
Do you have experience of working in a stores environment for a manufacturer or engineering company? Are you looking for a highly varied role where you will have the chance to be trained on a laser engraving machine as part of your role? Does the sound of working for a highly respected manufacturer with a reputation for engineering excellence excite you?
If so, please read on.
We are currently recruiting for a Stores Person on a permanent contract for a leading Engineering company in Pontypool. This is an interesting opportunity where you will also be given training to operate a Laser Engraving Machine as part of the role as well as providing cover and support for the stores function.
- Share responsibility for use of the laser engraver (Training will be provided) which includes programming labels for each production order using Corel draw software. This could be in various languages so attention to details is essential.
- Clean and maintain the laser
- Paint, print, clean and dry labels whilst ensuring all labels are free of any Typo's or errors
Be the main point of contact for all loading and unloading of vehicles (Goods-Inwards and Despatch)
- Ensure the handling and storage of hazardous materials is done so in an appropriate manner
- Ensure all goods delivered are checked and verified in line with supplier delivery note (checking for damage or missing items)
- Correctly identify items delivered with a 'Stores Docket' and place in item location within the stores
- Regularly down-date/adjust stock levels in line with issues to production
- Highlight to Purchasing team any stock discrepancies, stock shortages or incorrect deliveries
- Carry out stock investigations and audits when required to do so
- 'Pick and Pack' orders for production
- Move stock either by hand, using lifting equipment or with a fork lift truck
This is a varied and interesting stores role where you will have the chance to learn new skills on a laser engraving machine. If you are experienced in a stores environment and are looking for a new challenge with a well established, highly respected manufacturer, this is the role for you.
For immediate consideration, please forward your CV to Alex at Vibe Recruit today.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.