Supply Chain Manager
|Job Title:||Supply Chain Manager|
|Industry:||Industrial (Warehouse & Manufacturing)|
|Contact Name:||Paul Southard|
|Job Published:||07 September 2022|
Role Profile: Supply Chain Manager
Competitive salary plus share options and company pension
The hirer is leading the way in producing incredible decorative panels, products and furniture from 100% recycled and recyclable plastics.
Environmental sustainability is at the heart of their mission and is a core value. By developing the supply chain and planning strategy, policy and processes you will support the various teams in their implementation.
As a Supply Chain Manager it will be key to develop strong relationships with our current recycled plastic suppliers. You will investigate/source new national and international suppliers in an ever demanding, growing and a price hiked market.
This role will suit you if you have supply chain and planning management experience. You'll have worked in a growing SME manufacturing environment, where you'll have been used to a multi-faceted position. You'll be innovative, analytical, abreast of key trends and be able to manage the needs of multiple stakeholders in a rapidly changing environment.
- Create the company's supply chain strategy
- Improve stock accuracy through cycle counting, stock checking and implementation of a robust stock control system.
- Train and guide employees
- Find cost-effective solutions for the supply chain processes
- Collaborate with other departments to create coordinated plans for business growth
- Develop and implement safety guidelines in all aspects of the supply chain (e.g. use of trucks, forklifts)
- Ensure the supply chain processes meet legal requirements and standards
- Create and develop robust supplier relationships nationally and internationally, with metrics, governance, and actions in place for continuous improvement.
- Maintaining the required quantity of supplies and materials to optimize production
- Developing policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain and implementing any subsequent changes to processes
- Identifying optimal shipment and transportation routes
- Assessing needs for material-handling equipment and staffing
- Making recommendations to decrease waste through ensuring efficient loading, unloading, movement, and storage of materials
- Negotiating prices for raw materials and delivery from suppliers
- Identifying and qualifying new suppliers, working with other departments
- Ensure and process the foreign and local purchases according to the principals.
- Ensure that all Procurement and Logistic documents are properly prepared and filed accordingly
- Ensure correct and complete documentation for import cargo as per the requirement of various institutions like bank and customs.
- Implement robust Supply Chain Management (SCM) plans written in collaboration and in line with the business strategy and the key stakeholders, considering the company sustainability objectives and pipeline of work
- Develop, implement, communicate and monitor a comprehensive preferred subcontractor network across categories ensure compliance.
- Conduct a periodic audit of production WIP and ensure set targets are achieve.
- Create a balanced production plan that will manage order fulfilment and lead times.
- Manage and reduce inventory by deploying Kanban, consign and vendor-manage inventory.
- Create and maintain ISO procedures.
- Maintain WIP inventory in accordance with demand.
- Coordinate production plans base on capacity.
- Develop and implement MRP process which eliminate need for manual WO creation and need to manually calculate material adjustments.
- Achieve the KPI's set.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- 5+ years experience within a Procurement or Supply Chain Management role.
- Working experience of relevant software (e.g. SAP MM)
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- A strategic and analytical mind with a attention to detail.
- Knowledge in Theory of Constraints (TOC), Lean Manufacturing, and Six Sigma
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience (desired)
- Highly results orientated (proven track record of exceeding targets)
- Experienced negotiator and influencer proven track record
- Pragmatic yet disciplined approach to process compliance
- Stakeholder management skills
- Flexible and driven
- Customer focussed
- Problem solving skills, ability to use own initiative to identify areas of improvement & propose solutions.
- Experience of contract procurement and associated management processes desired
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Share option scheme (EMI scheme)
- Excellent competitive salary
- 21 days holiday a year + bank holidays
- Company contributed pension
- An opportunity to be part of a fast growing, dynamic business with a triple bottom line, supporting our journey to a more sustainable future
- Development opportunities including international travel
- Flexible working
We'd love to hear from you!
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.