Team leader / Warehouse supervisor
|Job Title:||Team leader / Warehouse supervisor|
|Industry:||Industrial (Warehouse & Manufacturing)|
|Contact Name:||Jordan Bashir|
|Job Published:||01 April 2019|
Warehouse Team Leader
Vibe Recruit are pleased to offer this exciting opportunity in Avonmouth. We are currently recruiting for an experienced Team leader to work for our client on a temp to perm basis. After a trial period of 13 weeks, the right candiate will be taken on permanently.
Hours of work - 20:00 - 06:00 (working 5 out of 7 nights)
Annual Leave entitlement - 20 days + Bank Holidays
Salary - £21,000 per annum.
The Team Leader has a pivotal role in providing focus and pace to both the individual and group work. As a multi-skilled associate this involves inducting and communicating with people, deploying them, together with auxiliary duties necessary to meet output targets. The Team Leader provides strong direction in setting and meeting high standards in the areas of output levels, quality, safety, communication, and meeting deadlines.
- Give a strong lead to the activities of the associates ensuring, both as a leader and effective team member, that high standards are achieved in the areas of work output, quality, safety, maintenance, punctuality, hygiene, and attendance, along with a positive group outlook. All performance must be in line with budget assumptions as a minimum.
- Operate manual and computer-based systems such as instruction cards and/or VDUs to efficiently and accurately track progress during all stages from order through to dispatch.
- Understand and operate safe systems of work as charged by company and statutory requirements. Understand and comply with emergency response procedures as appropriate.
- Ensure that the full range of auxiliary duties associated with the activities of the warehouse such as housekeeping is kept to satisfactory standards.
- Ensure that all of the associate's activities comply with Health & Safety, Welfare and Environmental requirements.
The key challenge for the Team Leader is to contribute to and focus efforts on the team building activity. The smooth transition to a mutually supportive performance and service first culture will hinge upon good understanding of the objectives of a team-oriented organisation. A positive approach to personal performance reviews within team groups, and delivery of an effective programme of skill development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The role of Team Leader calls for an individual with high energy, team building strengths, initiative, enthusiasm and a practical orientation. They should have an interest in their own development across the range of depot activities; in addition to that of the associates.
The jobholder must be conversant with all of the activities within the warehouse. In particular they must be able to demonstrate or have the ability to quickly acquire knowledge and skills in the following:
- Computer/keyboard competency.
- Knowledge of the main requirements of Health and Safety legislation and how these relate to the work, systems and practices within the depot. First aid skills/ fire marshal.
- Understanding of the key requirements of Lloyd Fraser Policies, Employment Legislation, particularly in the areas of Discrimination, Bullying/Harassment and how these relate to people at work.
- Comprehensive familiarity with client and Company quality standards.
The job holder will require a good level of literacy and numeracy, sound communication skills, together with the personal motivation and ability to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge needed to fulfil their role.
Above all, the Team Leader must be able to inspire others and will have a strong personal sense of discipline that directs their own behavior and enables them to set and achieve high performance from individuals and the team.
If you think you are the right person for this role and would like to take on an exciting new role, please apply online today.