Technical Business Analyst
|Job Title:||Technical Business Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Jerry Hayman|
|Job Published:||29 June 2022|
Technical Business Analyst - Full Remote Working - £40,000 - £47,000
Role: Technical Business Analyst - Full Remote Working
Field: Marine Technology/Radar Technology/Surveillance/Business Process Improvement/BA
Reporting to: Product Manager
Salary: £40,000 - £47,000
Benefits include: Starting Holiday Allowance of 25 days, plus bank holidays, Christmas period off, Pension Scheme up to 10%, Life Assurance, Healthcare, Income Protection
A leading radar and navigation specialist are looking to recruit an experienced Technical Business Analyst.
The Technical Business Analyst / Product Owner will review and gain a thorough understanding of the business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for owning the overall design of assigned technical projects within the product strategy. During this process you will make sound recommendations for best practices for solutions based on client business needs. Additionally, you will be responsible for writing technical specifications (for custom development, system integration) based on Product Manager guidance.
- Work closely with different teams and departments such as the Product Manager and Development Team to maintain a product backlog according to business value or return on Investment
- Gaining a thorough understanding of the business and its products and best align the needs of the customers and end users of the product
- Creating and maintaining low level product requirement documentation
- Deriving Functional and Non-Functional requirements, user story's and acceptance criteria from the high-level requirements
- Work with the development teams and stakeholders (Product Management, Customer Support Team, Business Users and Senior Management) to assess value, prioritise stories, epics and themes to ensure that work focuses on those features with maximum value, aligned with product strategy and roadmap.
- Work as part of a cross functional agile project team from requirements definition through to delivery
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared requirements/user stories to work on
- Helping the team to continuously improve their process
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Work closely with the software development team, Product Management and Customer Support Team as well as business users and Senior Management, as required
- Previous experience as a Product Owner or Business Analyst within a product development environment
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline e.g. Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- A positive and enthusiastic outlook with a passion for product development with attention to detail
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills and ability to adapt quickly and understand complex systems, new functions and features
- Ability to use a systematic approach to prioritise tasks
Desirable but not essential:
- Ideally, experience in product development of both embedded software and web applications
- Experience of working with relational databases, knowledge of Agile process and principles and agile/project management tools such as Jira
- Recognised Agile qualification - e.g. Certified Product Owner
- Knowledge of software and system security requirements
- Experience in command, control and/or electronic monitoring systems, ideally for maritime and/or security/defence markets
- Background in communications and monitoring systems including multiple technologies such as Radar, marine automatic identification systems (AIS) and VHF communications
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an industry leading radar and navigation specialist and the opportunity to work alongside leading experts. To apply please send across your updated CV or call Jerry Hayman.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.