Technical Project Manager
|Job Title:||Technical Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Jerry Hayman|
|Job Published:||30 May 2022|
Technical Project Manager - Southeast Asia - £70,000
Role: In Country Project Manager - SE Asia
Field: Marine Technology/Radar Technology/Surveillance/Transceiver Deployment/IT/Network/Telecoms/Project/Programme Management
Reporting to: Delivery Director
Location: UK Based but regular travel to Southeast Asia (Usually around 2 weeks away at a time)
Benefits include: Starting Holiday Allowance of 25 days, plus bank holidays, Christmas period off, Pension Scheme up to 10%, Life Assurance, Healthcare, Income Protection
A leading radar and navigation specialist are looking to recruit a In Country Technical Project Manager to work across Southeast Asia.
The In-Country Technical Project Manager role is to ensure the successful implementation of surveillance and vessel tracking systems. The successful candidate will be expected to represent the company in-country to the end customer and work alongside the company's in-country installation partner to ensure full and complete system installation and commissioning.
The successful candidate can be based in the UK, with the expectation of spending a minimum of 2 weeks in 3 in a country based in Asia, with a similar expectation of in-country presence.
- Work directly with and manage end customers and in the field to manage and drive the project delivery plan, ensuring quality of delivery within the cost and time parameters set by the Delivery Director Team
- Ensure that works are conducted in strict accordance with the company's systems delivery methods
- Providing training and ongoing guidance and support to ensure successful installation and commissioning of the entire system
- To ensure a holistic project implementation approach such that the finished system installation meets both the contracted specifications and inevitable small finishing details are not missed to ensure complete customer satisfaction, and a project implementation that provides a platform for continued future business with the end customer
- Implement quality change processes as well as manage key documentation processes
- Manage budgets and key project milestones and deadlines
- Use project management techniques to monitor project risks, delays, lead times and CPA's to ensure project successes
- Monitor projects against set key performance indicators
- Working with the Delivery Department PMO team, to continuously maintain and manage an accurate project plan
- Engineering and or IT networking background and or qualification
- Extensive experience as a project manager for similar multi-site IT systems - ideally communication-based infrastructure
- Capable of understanding systems drawings down to installation design drawings (racks, servers, cameras, radar, civil work) with role being in-country conduit between in country partner/customer back to technical team and delivery director
- Excellent communication skills as well as good stakeholder management skills
- Willingness to travel to SE Asia for extended periods, with the role being primarily based in country with short trips back to UK during project execution
- Willingness to work on site with customers in a hands-on capacity when needed, assisting with day-to-day management and organisation of installation and troubleshooting
- Must be organised, self-sufficient with excellent communication and man management skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an industry leading radar and navigation specialist and the opportunity to work alongside leading experts. To apply please send across your updated CV or call Jerry Hayman.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.