|Job Title:||Traffic Planner|
|Industry:||Transport, Logistics and Driving|
|Contact Name:||Carla White|
|Job Published:||09 August 2019|
TRAFFIC PLANNER (NIGHTS)
Shifts: 4 on / 4 off Days
Holidays: 20-days which includes the Statutory Bank Holidays
Nest Pension Scheme
Job Purpose: To take responsibility for the timely traffic planning of routes and scheduling delivery times to ensure that the customer receives a first class service in a cost effective way.
Traffic planner required to carry out the below duties:
- Working with customers/suppliers/drivers and other traffic desks, planning routes and scheduling delivery times to ensure the smooth running of the operation
- Prioritising workload, route planning driver brief and de-brief
- Liaise with other depots within the Company
- Strong organisational skills for planning schedules, journeys and loads
- Proactively work to reduce late deliveries and missed time slots
- Ability to work flexibly and to make decisions quickly
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
- Booking driver agency staff depending on workload
Must monitor Compliance and work with drivers and Compliance to eliminate infringements
- Must ensure that all drivers are aware of SAFED, and be actively involved in improving SAFED achievements to goals
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- GCSE/NVQ standard / Experience of working at a similar level.
- CPC Holder (National / International)
- Experience of working within Distribution/Logistics/Supply Chain Environment
- Good geographical knowledge
Must have the following experience:
- Traffic management
Dealing with VOSA Compliance
- Problem solving/logical thinking
- Working unsupervised, continually managing time and prioritising work to meet tight deadlines.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.