Trainee Laboratory Technician
|Job Title:||Trainee Laboratory Technician|
|Contact Name:||Jerry Hayman|
|Job Published:||31 May 2022|
Trainee Laboratory Technician - Bio Material - Oxfordshire - £20,000 - £22,000
Role: Trainee Laboratory Technician
Field: Cell Regeneration/ Medical Device//Biomedical/Medical/Tissue Repair/ISO 13485
Reporting to: Manufacturing Manager
Location: Milton Park - Oxfordshire
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 (dependant on experience)
A leading Biotechnology organisation based in Oxfordshire are looking to appoint a Trainee Lab Technician to support future growth and development of the company.
You will work within the industry standard for medical device manufacturing (ISO 13485 environment). The role will be to assist in the manufacturing of medical devices, perform analyses, gather data, and to ensure effective maintenance of the laboratory environment and equipment.
- Working under supervision to take responsibility for preparing and Standard Operating Procedures to maintain the manufacturing environment, manufacture products and perform quality assurance analyses
- Responsible for operating, calibrating and maintaining the manufacturing laboratory equipment
- Documenting and administering quality records
- Correctly maintaining their training file on the Quality Management Systems
- Keep up to date with internal technical developments and attend meetings as required
- Follow safety procedures at all times
- Complete work to agreed timelines to meet both the laboratories and the customer requirements
- Assist with the resolution of analytical issues as they occur
- Carry out the incoming goods inspection of items used in the manufacture process
- Use computers and perform mathematical calculations for the preparation of data and graphs
- Achieve competency in all analytical techniques, including manual and automated processing
- Ensure that the Quality Management System, including ISO 9001:2008, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 17025:2017, is adhered to at all times
- Ideally A levels or equivalent in a scientific science related subject or with relevant experience in a similar working environment
- An understanding of the healthcare, diagnostic and/or pharmaceutical industries
- Familiarity with Quality System concepts and requirements including GLP, GMP and ISO systems
- Understanding of basic laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices including hazardous chemical handling
To apply please send across your updated CV or call Jerry Hayman to discuss the role further.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.