|Job Title:||Warehouse Manager|
|Industry:||Transport, Logistics and Driving|
|Contact Name:||Naomi Gibbs|
|Job Published:||11 July 2022|
Vibe Recruit's client, based in Newport, is looking to recruit a Warehouse Manager on a full time, permanent contract.
As a Warehouse Manager you will work alongside the existing manager sharing the responsibility and operations for all their existing and future warehouses. Your tasks will be varied, from the maintenance of any machinery to overseeing stock control, to liaising with clients daily to organise and ensure the safe and on time fulfilment of their stock.
The role will ensure any equipment supplied to employees is safe and usable, whilst maintaining control of stock and inventory.
You will be responsible for a team to support you in ensuring that all deadlines are met in a timely manner.
Duties will include, but not limited too
- Liaise with customers, suppliers, and transport companies
- Coordinate and monitor the receipt, order, assembly, and dispatch of goods
- Use space and mechanical handling equipment efficiently, making sure quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives are met
- Have a clear understanding of the company's policies and vision and how the warehouse contributes to these
- Coordinate the use of automated and computerised systems where necessary
- Respond to and deal with customer communication by email and telephone
- Keep stock control systems up to date and make sure inventories are accurate
- Plan future capacity requirements
- Organise the recruitment and training of staff, as well as monitoring staff performance and progress
- Motivate, organise, and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded
- Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Meet with customers to monitor the quality of service they are receiving
It may occasionally be necessary to travel during the working day.
Key Skills And Experience
- Previous warehouse and logistics management experience
- Used to working in high-pressure environments
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be able to use a bespoke database package
- Must be able to use all aspects of the MS Office Package
- Possess a methodical approach to documentation and the management of a fleet of vehicles
- Be able to develop policies and procedures based around the needs of the company.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player with the ability to network effectively
- Role model behaviour
- Seeks innovative solutions
- Accepts personal responsibility to make things happen
- Adapts quickly and positively to new situations
- Drive change and challenge business decision
- Solutions-driven approach to business
- Ability to make sound business decisions
- Excellent communicator across all management levels, staff and customers.
- A full UK driving licence, held for at least 12 months.
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Valid fork lift licence. (Preferred not essential)
- Business and Commercial Awareness
- Achieving Results
- Managing Staff
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
For more information, please contact Naomi on 07506 949615.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Sorry, this job has expired
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C