|Industry:||Administration and Office Support|
|Contact Name:||Claire Gledhill|
|Job Published:||12 January 2022|
Vibe Recruit are working with our client based on the outskirts of Banbury, Oxfordshire to recruit a Buyer with excellent purchasing experience. Our client seeks an individual who is proactive to join their growing team.
As a Buyer within this busy purchasing department, you will be responsible for ensuring products are ordered, paid for, and delivered in a timely manner. This is a very proactive position which includes excellent purchase and sales ledger experience along with chasing up orders via telephone and email.
* Salary £30k to £35k dependant on experience
* 25 days holiday.
* Standard workplace pension scheme.
* Staff discount scheme is cost price of goods + 10% (plus delivery and VAT).
General and Task Management
* Purchase goods, materials, or services in line with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets
* Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations.
* Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities.
* Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organisation.
* Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities.
* Prepare reports and updates as and when required.
* Work closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements.
* Adhere to any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of self, staff and visitors.
* Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation
and procurement best practice tools and methods.
* Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules.
* Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications.
* Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships.
* Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery, or invoice issues.
* Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
* Assertive, resilient and welcomes change.
* Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working together.
* Proactively contributes to the team.
* Actively committed to the development of the team.
* Is self-aware and optimistic.
Skills and Attributes:
* Able to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with staff, stakeholders and suppliers.
* Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills.
* Analytical, numerically astute with strong problem solving abilities.
* Able to manage time effectively, prioritise tasks and achieve set targets.
* Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the production,
manufacture and customer order fulfilment.
* Able to work well under pressure and handle emergency and stressful situations.
* Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.