|Industry:||Administration and Office Support|
|Contact Name:||Claire Gledhill|
|Job Published:||12 January 2022|
Vibe Recruit are working with our client based on the outskirts of Banbury, Oxfordshire to recruit a Buyer with excellent purchasing experience. Our client seeks an individual who is proactive to join their growing team.
As a Buyer within this busy purchasing department, you will be responsible for ensuring products are ordered, paid for, and delivered in a timely manner. This is a very proactive position which includes excellent purchase and sales ledger experience along with chasing up orders via telephone and email.
* Salary £30k to £35k dependant on experience
* 25 days holiday.
* Standard workplace pension scheme.
* Staff discount scheme is cost price of goods + 10% (plus delivery and VAT).
General and Task Management
* Purchase goods, materials, or services in line with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets
* Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations.
* Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities.
* Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organisation.
* Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities.
* Prepare reports and updates as and when required.
* Work closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements.
* Adhere to any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of self, staff and visitors.
* Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation
and procurement best practice tools and methods.
* Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules.
* Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications.
* Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships.
* Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery, or invoice issues.
* Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
* Assertive, resilient and welcomes change.
* Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working together.
* Proactively contributes to the team.
* Actively committed to the development of the team.
* Is self-aware and optimistic.
Skills and Attributes:
* Able to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with staff, stakeholders and suppliers.
* Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills.
* Analytical, numerically astute with strong problem solving abilities.
* Able to manage time effectively, prioritise tasks and achieve set targets.
* Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the production,
manufacture and customer order fulfilment.
* Able to work well under pressure and handle emergency and stressful situations.
* Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Sorry, this job has expired
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C