Who are we?
We are a dedicated Recruitment Agency covering a multitude of industry sectors with offices throughout South Wales and the South West of England. We find temporary, contract and permanent employment for candidates.
What this Notice covers
Vibe Recruit is committed to ensuring the privacy of its clients, candidates, contacts and employees. This Privacy Notice provides the information we are required to provide to you in order for you to understand how we process your personal data and what your rights are in relation to that data. This is in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and data protection legislation.
This Notice does not form part of any contract of employment or other contract to provide services. We may update this Notice at any time.
It is important that you read this Notice, together with any other Privacy Notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
What is Personal Data
Under the EU’s GDPR, personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (data subject); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”
Vibe recruit as Data Controllers
Vibe Recruit is responsible for, and is the Data Controller of, your personal information that it receives the company website.
Vibe Recruit is the Data Controller of the information which is used to support and place you with an employer.
Categories Of Personal Data We May Process
We may collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, personal email addresses; date of birth; gender; marital status and dependants
- Next of kin and emergency contact information
- National Insurance number
- Bank account details, payroll records and tax status information
- Salary, annual leave, pension and benefits information
- Employment start date
- Copy of driving licence
- Recruitment information (including copies of right to work documentation, references and other information included in a CV or cover letter or as part of the application process)
- Employment records (including terms and conditions of employment, work history, working hours, training records and professional memberships)
- Compensation history
- Performance information including appraisals and performance improvement plans
- Details of any disciplinary and grievance proceedings you have been involved in
- Details of any leave you have taken including holidays; sickness; family and parental leave
- Information obtained through electronic means such as swipe card records and biometric means of identification
- Information about your use of our information and communications systems
- Information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political opinions
- Trade union membership
- Information about your health, including any medical conditions, health and sickness records and details of any disability for which we may need to make reasonable adjustments
- Genetic information and biometric data
- Information about criminal convictions and offences
Sources of personal data
We collect personal information about you through the application and recruitment process, either directly from you or from a Job Board or background check provider. We may sometimes collect additional information from third parties including former employers and credit reference agencies.
We also collect additional personal information in the course of job-related activities throughout the period you are working for us.
Other ways in which we may collect information about you are:
- If you contact us directly via our website or via our branches to request information about our services
- If you reply to our direct marketing campaigns
- If with your permission, your contact details are transferred from third parties
- If with your permission, other business partners transfer your personal data to us
- If we acquired your personal data from other sources with your permission
Please help us to keep your information up to date by informing us of any changes to your contact details or preferences.
Our Lawful Bases For Processing Your Data
We may only process your personal data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. We will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
Our Purposes For Processing Your Data
- Making a decision about your recruitment or appointment
- Determining the terms on which you work for us
- Checking you are legally entitled to work in the UK
- Paying you and, if you are an employee, deducting tax and National Insurance contributions
- Liaising with your pension provider
- Administering the contract we have entered into with you
- Business management and planning, including accounting and auditing
- Conducting performance reviews, managing performance and determining performance requirements
- Making decisions about salary reviews and compensation
- Assessing qualifications for a particular job or task, including decisions about promotions
- Gathering evidence for possible grievance or disciplinary hearings
- Making decisions about your continued employment or engagement
- Making arrangements for the termination of our working relationship
- Education, training and development requirements
- Dealing with possible legal disputes involving you, or other employees, workers and contractors, including accidents at work
- Ascertaining your fitness to work
- Managing sickness absence
- Complying with health and safety obligations
- To prevent fraud
- To monitor your use of our information and communication systems to ensure compliance with our IT policies
- To ensure network and information security, including preventing unauthorised access to our computer and electronic communications systems and preventing malicious software distribution
- To conduct data analytics studies to review and better understand employee retention and attrition rates
- Equal opportunities monitoring
- Some of the above grounds for processing will overlap and there may be several grounds which justify our use of your personal information
Who Has Access To Your Data
We restrict access to your information to only those persons who need to use it for the relevant purpose. We may share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
Recipients of your data may include third-party service providers (such as payroll and pension providers); other related business entities; a regulator or to otherwise comply with the law.
Where we do so, we will require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
Security Of Your Data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How We Decide How Long To Retain Your Data
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information, although those rights may not be absolute. You have the right to:
- Request access to, and a copy of, your personal information
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you
- Request erasure of your personal information
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
We will respond to your request within the period set out in GDPR. We will always ask for proof of your identity.
If you believe we have not complied with your rights, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via https://ico.org.uk/ for information, advice or to make a complaint.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
How To Contact Us
If you would like to get in touch to discuss this Privacy Notice, how we use your personal information, to exercise your rights, to provide feedback, to have your information deleted or to make a complaint about the use of your information, please contact us on:
Vibe Recruit, Unit 3a Lakeside Court, Llantarnam, Cwmbran, NP44 3GA