Environmental Health & Safety Section Leader
|Job Title:||Environmental Health & Safety Section Leader|
|Contact Name:||Vicki Dillion|
|Job Published:||10 June 2021|
Role - Environmental, Health & Safety Section Leader
Location - Llanelli
Contract - Temporary
Rate of Pay - £23 - £25 per hour
Vibe Recruit have an immediate requirement for an Environmental, Health & Safety Section Leader for our client based in Llanelli.
Purpose of the role
To control and promote Environmental, Health & Safety management on applicable sites. Applying the Global EHS Policy to maintain the Environmental, Health & Safety management systems in line with company standards and legal requirements. This role will primarily be based in Llanelli however, responsibility will also include our R&D centre in Millbrook.
- Ideally hold experience within a similar role, gained in a fast moving, automotive manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience of working within the requirements of accredited EHS Management Systems.
- Have a working knowledge of European EHS legislation and/or experience of working within another European manufacturing site outside of the UK would be desirable.
- A Behavioural Based Safety qualification would be desirable.
- An EHS auditing qualification would be desirable.
- Promote the highest standards of Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) practices, encouraging awareness and an attitude of Zero injuries and environmental incidents across all sites,
- Advise and support line management, trade union representatives and employees by providing information and advice in all areas of EHS legal compliance, and interface with EHS government departments or other related external parties,
- Advise line management and trade union representatives on the implementation of policies, procedures & standards issued by Group Environmental, Health & Safety,
- Introduce and maintain the Health & Safety Management system to ISO 45001 accreditation standard,
- Maintain the Environmental Management System to ISO 14001 accreditation standard,
- Prepare and maintain all documentation associated with the EHS management systems and host all external audit visits,
- Prepare and facilitate management review of the EHS Management Systems,
- Develop and monitor performance against EHS targets and objectives, which are set by Group EHS policy and local EHS management system requirements,
- Investigate all EHS incidents and near misses, identifying corrective and preventative actions and follow up their implementation, recording necessary information onto an incident reporting database,
- Use statistical data and investigation information to produce reports for internal and external audiences,
- Control and manage the EHS Audit Schedules for the internal audit programme, including monitoring of all audits non - conformance and corrective actions,
- Carry out regular site observation audits with other departments,
- Control and manage regulatory assessments as required, including assessment of risk, identification of suitable PPE, control measures considering safe operational procedures identifying and taking into account all relevant hazards,
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about EHS issues and risks, including the clients Manufacturing System (EHS section) and any other EHS related training,
- Maintain & keep records of inspections findings, incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers using all available electronic safety systems,
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g., fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, occupational diseases and safeguarding machinery. Support departments to ensure the safe installation of equipment,
- Undertake administrative duties required to run the EHS department and undertake improvement project work as instructed by Site management.
- Control and manage the site Employer liability claims process and interact fully with the HR department and Insurance company representatives,
- Advise and support with the management of controlled waste off site and maintain waste documentation as required by the EHS management systems,
- Advise and support in the energy reduction program, to enable the site to achieve and maintain is CCA agreement targets,
- Advise on EHS aspects of new projects and new & improved facilities.
- Must be qualified to NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety level.
- Qualified to NVQ3 or NEBOSH Environmental Certificate level or a willingness to work towards gaining one.
LANGUAGES: English fluent, additional language is preferred.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.