Health & Safety / Facilities Manager
|Job Title:||Health & Safety / Facilities Manager|
|Contact Name:||Naomi Gibbs|
|Job Published:||09 June 2022|
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, the primary functions of a H&S / Facilities Manager are to develop, monitor and implement the organisation's H&S and Facilities policy; to ensure the organisation is compliant with H&S legislation; and to reduce or prevent hazards, dangers, and accidents across the group.
The role will involve travel across both AerFin's UK facilities, and will require liaison with external agencies and as a result the Health & Safety / Facilities Manager must be able to conduct themselves in a professional manner and have excellent communication skills to maintain key relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide recommendations to the Managing Director regarding Health & Safety and the Company Health & Safety Policy.
- Manage and Control the company's Safety Management System.
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks.
- Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers.
- Carry out risk assessments across both sites and consider how risks could be reduced.
- Conduct frequent safety inspections and checks.
- Understand the importance of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Co-ordinate the monthly Health and Safety meeting.
- Manage emergency procedures.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry.
- Ensure buildings meet health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation.
- Multi-site facility management.
- Maintaining the facility and overseeing the daily administrative operations.
- Project manage, supervise, and coordinate the work of contractors.
- Creating and maintaining budgets for maintenance, repairs and contracts.
- Lead by example, instil a positive health and safety culture.
- Any other duties applicable to the role and requested by line manager.
Education and/or Experience:
- A recognised Engineering apprenticeship or BSc Engineering
- Previous Heath and Safety management experience.
- IBOSH / NEBOSH
- Risk Assessments
For more information, please contact Naomi on 07506 949615.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Sorry, this job has expired
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C