|23 January 2024
£39,312 + Optional Overtime
Full Time, Permanent
My client based Avonmouth is seeking a reliable and motivated HGV Fitter to join their well-established team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Fleet Engineer, you will be joining a friendly, close-knit team of skilled and dedicated technicians, working in a fully equipped, spacious vehicle repair workshop, maintaining a fleet of modern vehicles to the highest standards.
- Maintain and service the fleet to VOSA standards
- Carry out routine servicing, repairs and vehicle examinations
- Liaise with the Service Department for daily updates and availability
- Maintain and develop technical skills through on-going training and support
- To carry out safety inspections and road testing of vehicles when required
What you will require to be successful:
- A fully qualified technician with either City & Guilds or NVQ level 3 (ideally HGV / PSV).
- Experience of maintaining and repairing commercial vehicles such as HGV, PSV or LGV's.
- Experience working with diesel engines, gearboxes, hydraulics etc
- Basic skills in Mig and Arc welding, burning and basic body repairs.
- PSV/HGV 1 licence or happy to obtain.
The is a fantastic opportunity to work with a friendly, highly skilled team on a range of modern vehicles in a warm, spacious, clean and forward thinking environment.
For immediate consideration, please forward your CV to Saskia at Vibe Recruit today.
Vibe Recruit is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.